Rosh Hashanah torah reading

  • randijo0
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 3, 2010
      We have three Torah readings coming up for the first day of Rosh Hashanah (Thursday, Sept. 9)- all pretty short.
      First aliyah: Genesis 21: 1-4
      Second aliyah: Genesis 21: 5-8
      Third aliyah: Genesis 21: 9-12

      The third is the longest, I can commit to chanting at least that one. Does anyone else want to take one :)?

      Randi
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 3, 2010
        I'll take
        Third aliyah: Genesis 21: 9-12

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 5, 2010
          Torah reading for Rosh Hashanah:

          First aliyah: Genesis 21: 1-4            Cheryl
          Second aliyah: Genesis 21: 5-8        Jay
          Third aliyah: Genesis 21: 9-12        Randi

          Torah reading for Yom Kippur:
          First aliyah: Deut. 29:9-14                ?
          Second aliyah: Deut. 30:11-14        Suzanne
          Third aliyah: Deut. 30:15-20            Randi

          Who would like first aliyah on Yom Kippur?

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 16, 2010

              Yes, I am reading the 2nd aliyah – as far as I know, no one has volunteered for the first reading.  Any takers??

              Suzanne