Follow up from Annual Meeting

  • Toni Dosik
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 17, 2010

      Some business items from the annual meeting:

      1. Insurance. We talked about the possibility of seeing whether we could
      be an "additional insured" on Friends Liability Insurance, thus
      significantly reducing the costs of carrying our own liability/rider for the
      Torah. I will call Wallace and Turner our agents to find out.

      Our current insurance is both general liability, personal property, and a
      fine arts rider with a $35,000 limit. Both Antioch College (note College,
      not University) and Beth Abraham are Additional Insured. The cost is
      $750/year through Zurich Insurance. We also have coverage for "personal
      property in transit" which I believe will cover the torah off premises. But
      I will check on this with Wallace and Turner.

      The fact that we have both Antioch and Beth Abraham on OUR insurance makes
      me think we won't be able to make a change.

      More latter.

      2. New arrangement with Friends. According to our discussion at the Annual
      Meeting, I will be sending Friends a check for $1,555 which is based on the
      proposal we made to them earlier. This will cover us from September 1, 2009
      through August 31, 2010. I have drafted up a MOU for this and have sent a
      note to Cheryl Keen who is the Clerk of the Meeting with the MOU and my
      understanding of what we will be paying them. Once I hear from her, I will
      actually send the check.

      3. Number of members. Currently we have 34 "dues paying" members and we
      have received additional donations from 9 people.

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 20, 2010
        Thank you for the info.--Larry