Fw: StoryCorps coming to our area: Needs help!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2010
      See below!

      Subject: StoryCorps

      On January 21st Jenna Weiss-Berman, the StoryCorps Senior Coordinator for the mobile booth will be in the Dayton-Springfield area.  There will be a pubic meeting at the Glen Helen Building in Yellow Springs at 7:00 p.m.  At that time she will talk with representatives of organizations about StoryCorps and about identifying and informing participants.  It is important that this program be widely known around our area so that we can be sure of a diverse group of participants.  We are interested in contacting people in civic, cultural, religious, labor, and other organizations in order to invite their representatives to the public meeting with Jenna on January 21st.

      About StoryCorps -

      Sponsored by National Public Radio and affiliated with the Library of Congress, StoryCorps was established to create an oral history of regular citizens, allowing everyday people to preserve personal stories for their own families, and for future generations to hear.  Participants reserve an hour-long recording session at the mobile StoryBooth to interview someone they know- loved ones, friends, or members of their community.  At the end of the session, the participants receive a CD copy to take home, and, with their permission, another copy will be archived at the American Folklife Center at the Library of Congress.

      You can visit www.storycorps.net to learn more and to hear some interviews.  Also, one interview is heard on WYSO each Friday morning on NPR’s Morning Edition.

      The StoryCorps mobile booth will be in the Dayton area from April 22 until May 15 of 2010.

      If you, or someone you know, is interested in this opportunity, I would greatly appreciate getting contact information, either phone or email.  Please let me know at 937-767-2476 or harveypaige41@....

      Thanks for your help.

      Harvey

      Julia Reichert