FW: YS Visioning Round Two Meeting - Saturday, December 12 at 10am

  • Leonard Kramer
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2009
    FW: YS Visioning Round Two Meeting - Saturday, December 12 at 10am
    Goals and Values Workshop
    Saturday, December 12
    10:00am to 12:30pm
    Yellow Springs High School Gym

    Dreams were shared in the Round 1 Idea Gathering Workshops. Now Let’s build the ideas into goals for the future in Round 2.

    Overview
    The goals developed during this phase are the foundation of the vision and are the basis for implementation strategies. The goal topics will provide the structure for more detailed recommendations.

    What is the purpose of the workshop?
    The purpose of the workshop is to translate the results of the idea gathering workshops (Round 1) into goals for the future. The intent is for the public to mold the input from the first round into the initial policy direction of the vision for the future.

    How wil the workship build on what we did in the first round of public workshops?
    Participants will work with ideas and shape a series of goal statements for 8 to 12 key topics. These goals will provide structure for more specific recommendations that will be developed later. Participants will address results of the strong/weak places exercise of Round 1by reacting to draft principle statements (prepared by ACP and based on community input). To see the results of Round 1, please go to: http://www.yso.com/

    What will be presented at the workshop?
    The results from the first round of meetings will be presented, including: insight on the attendance; quantity and perspective on ideas and strong/weak places; and next steps in the process.

    How will we spend our time at the workshop?
    Participants will gather in a large assembly for an opening presentation that includes: an overview of the night’s agenda; report in Round 1; testing of initial principle statements via comment cards (based on strong/weak characteristics). Participants will then join a small group and consider the input from two of the major topics from Round 1. They will identify themes within their assigned topics (from database).

    Since there is only one meeting for round two, we look forward to seeing you all this Saturday!

    for more information
    see the attached document, visit www.yso.com or call Len Kramer at 767-2324.