[RITUAL_USCJ] water on the moon?

  • Johanna Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 24, 2009
      Those of you who knew my father know that he would have really loved this.  At this time of giving thanks, I share it with you (via a friend) in his memory in gratitude for the gifts he left me.

      Love,
      Johanna

      > This week the NASA
      people announced that they had found water on the moon. Wow. Water is regarded as necessary to sustain life by scientists. Of course, you can probably think of many references to water as a source of life in Tanach.
      > (Miriam's well;
      the demands of the people in the Midbar; Moses gets his life from being put into the river; our life as a people would not be possible without the parting of the Yam Suf, so we could pass through)

      > Everyone knows the molecular
      formula for water...................H 2 O.
      > (You knew that, didn't
      you?)
      > Do you know what the molecular weight of a molecule of water is?
      That's the sum of the atomic weights of the atoms in it.
      > Well, there are
      two atoms of Hydrogen (one atomic weight each) and then one atom of oxygen (atomic weight is 16).
      > Thus the molecular weight (gematria) of a
      molecule of water is...............18.
      > Chai.
      > Imagine
      that.