Challah and Apples and Honey for Rosh HaShanah

    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 16, 2009
      Hello, everyone-

      I am planning on making a challah for the Friday erev Rosh HaShanah service. Would someone like to bring:

      Apples and honey to dip for erev Rosh HaShanah?

      Challah for the shabbat Rosh HaShanah service?

      Please post to the listserv so that everyone knows we're covered!

      Thanks,

      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 17, 2009
        Anybody???

        --- In yellowspringshavurah@yahoogroups.com, "suzannesmailes" <ssmailes@...> wrote:

        > Hello, everyone-
        >
        > I am planning on making a challah for the Friday erev Rosh HaShanah service. Would someone like to bring:
        >
        > Apples and honey to dip for erev Rosh HaShanah?
        >
        > Challah for the shabbat Rosh HaShanah service?
        >
        > Please post to the listserv so that everyone knows we're covered!
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Suzanne

      • Heather Wright
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 17, 2009

          We will bring the apples and honey!
          Dr. Heather Hadar Wright
          Sent from my Blackberry

          > I am planning on making a challah for the Friday erev Rosh HaShanah service. Would someone like to bring:
          >
          > Apples and honey to dip for erev Rosh HaShanah?
          >
          > Challah for the shabbat Rosh HaShanah service?
          >
          > Please post to the listserv so that everyone knows we're covered!
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Suzanne

        • Toni Dosik
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 17, 2009
            Re: [yellowspringshavurah] Re: Challah and Apples and Honey for Rosh HaShanah We have some apples, but not enough for everyone.  But we can bring honey for all.

            Toni

            On 9/17/09 3:32 PM, "suzannesmailes" <ssmailes@...> wrote:

            Anybody???

            --- In yellowspringshavurah@yahoogroups.com <mailto:yellowspringshavurah%40yahoogroups.com> , "suzannesmailes" <ssmailes@...> wrote:

            > Hello, everyone-
            >
            > I am planning on making a challah for the Friday erev Rosh HaShanah service.  Would someone like to bring:
            >
            > Apples and honey to dip for erev Rosh HaShanah?
            >
            > Challah for the shabbat Rosh HaShanah service?
            >
            > Please post to the listserv so that everyone knows we're covered!
            >
            > Thanks,
            >
            > Suzanne

          • randi rothman
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 17, 2009
              Suzanne, Liana is too swamped to learn Torah this week so I will be doing both of the last two aliyot. Cheryl, can you manage the one in the middle?
              Also, the CD you gave us with the holiday music never worked - not in the car, computer or a CD player. Any chance of getting a working copy to listen to tomorrow afternoon as I cook? You can just drop it off in the mailbox. Did anyone else have this problem?
              See you tomorrow night, Randi

              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 18, 2009
                I had already signed up for a second one.  However, it is very long and I have been unable to get off the vowelled side.  I will most likely be reading it off of my paper and someone else can follow in the Torah.

                Suzanne, Liana is too swamped to learn Torah this week so I will be doing both of the last two aliyot. Cheryl, can you manage the one in the middle?
                Also, the CD you gave us with the holiday music never worked - not in the car, computer or a CD player. Any chance of getting a working copy to listen to tomorrow afternoon as I cook? You can just drop it off in the mailbox. Did anyone else have this problem?
                See you tomorrow night, Randi

                > I am planning on making a challah for the Friday erev Rosh HaShanah service. Would someone like to bring:
                >
                > Apples and honey to dip for erev Rosh HaShanah?
                >
                > Challah for the shabbat Rosh HaShanah service?
                >
                > Please post to the listserv so that everyone knows we're covered!
                >
                > Thanks,
                >
                > Suzanne

              • randi rothman
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 18, 2009
                  sounds good. see you then! Shanah Tovah! Randi

                  www.positiveperspec tivescounseling. com

                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 20, 2009
                    We've got a Challah and it's round,
                    It ain't from lost and found.