FW: LIVE,LAUGH,LOVE AND BE HAPPY

  • Toni Dosik
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 16, 2009
      FW: LIVE,LAUGH,LOVE AND BE HAPPY All,

      All,

      The piece below came from a good friend of ours in Atlanta, Joel Friedman.  Not that we haven’t done things we are ashamed of but . . .

      We wish you a Happy New Year!

      Toni and Len

      LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE AND BE HAPPY!
      This week, Jews  began their 5770 th year on this
      earth! Who would  have  believed this possible? If anyone
      had told Abraham that his  people would be
      around this long he probably would have been astounded.

       Imagine, we did this without beheading anyone,
      without a  single  suicide  bomber, without kidnapping and
      murdering school children, without slaughtering
      Olympic athletes, and without flying airplanes into
      skyscrapers.
      We  lasted this long despite 400 years as slaves
      in Egypt, 40 years  of  wandering  in the desert.

      The mighty Roman army who nailed
      us to ten  thousand  crosses; despite the best
      efforts of fervent Crusaders, the  Spanish
      Inquisition, Hitler's third Reich, Stalin's gulags,
      Arab  wars  of  annihilation and 100 years
      of hateful terrorism, hundreds of hate-filled  UN
      resolutions.
      How did  we Jews do it? We survived by concentrating our
      efforts on  education,  love of
      family, faith, hard work, helping
      one  another and a passionate dedication to
      life no matter what evil befell us.
      We hung in there in hope the rest of the world would
      one day  overcome its hatreds, jealousies,
      violence and join us in a life of  cooperation
      and mutual respect.  We're  not there yet,
      but we're still hopeful.
      And when so many of us enter our places of
      worship, this is what we'll pray for with
      all the  strength in our hearts.

      Best  wishes for a New Year filled with good
      health, happiness, laughter, success,
      joy, and kindness and may this coming
      year bring peace and security
      to Israel, to the Jewish
      communities in the Diaspora and to our
      planet.
      5770 .... and counting.
      Our very best wishes for a Happy and Healthy New Year to everyone!
      J & D
      The Roscoe Rebels

      ------ End of Forwarded Message
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 13, 2009
        Hi, Toni,
        I'm sorry I forgot about your open house.  It was in my calendar, but I left it
        in my office on Friday.
        Larry