Re: [yellowspringshavurah] Still Need chanters, d'var Torah

  • Leonard Kramer
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 11 1:26 PM
      Re: [yellowspringshavurah] Still Need chanters, d'var Torah OK – I signed up to chant from the book

      Len

      From: Suzanne Smailes <ssmailes@...>
      Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 16:34:40 -0000
      To: YSHavurah <yellowspringshavurah@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [yellowspringshavurah] Still Need chanters, d'var Torah

      Hello, again -

      We still need volunteers for chanting and a d'var.  Really, at this point all I am looking for is for someone to read/chant from a book while someone else follows along in the Torah.  I've stepped up and signed up for the first three verses; now, two more of us just need to read two more, and we're covered!

      And, if someone would like to put together a very short d'var, just to get the ball rolling, so to speak, your fellow haverim would be most appreciative.

      Thanks,

      Suzanne

      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 11 1:58 PM

        What can you do.  J

        Thanks, Len-

        Suzanne

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 12 6:34 AM
          Ok, I'll chant from the book too.
          Sorry, we're so busy right now!

          From: Suzanne Smailes <ssmailes@wittenberg .edu>
          Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 16:34:40 -0000
          To: YSHavurah <yellowspringshavura h@yahoogroups. com>

          Hello, again -

          We still need volunteers for chanting and a d'var.  Really, at this point all I am looking for is for someone to read/chant from a book while someone else follows along in the Torah.  I've stepped up and signed up for the first three verses; now, two more of us just need to read two more, and we're covered!

          And, if someone would like to put together a very short d'var, just to get the ball rolling, so to speak, your fellow haverim would be most appreciative.

          Thanks,

          Suzanne

          --- In yellowspringshavura h@yahoogroups. com <mailto:yellowspring shavurah% 40yahoogroups. com> , "Suzanne Smailes" <ssmailes@...> wrote:

          > Hello, everyone-
          >
          > We need some torah tropers and a d'var Torah for our service on August 15th. If some of us would volunteer to read from a book/paper, someone else can follow along in the Torah.
          >
          > We need:
          >
          > RE'EH DEUTERONOMY 12:29 - 14:29   for a d'var Torah
          >
          > Chanting/Reading:
          >
          > Deut. 14:1-3
          > Deut. 14:4-7
          > Deut. 14:8-10
          >
          > Sign up! Take a chance! Take charge! Volunteer!
          >
          > Shabbat shalom,
          >
          > Suzanne

        • Toni Dosik
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 24 10:10 AM
          Meeting on Sunday August 30
          All,

          Just a reminder, that we have a special meeting of the Havurah this Sunday, August 30 at 3pm at Rockford.

          The purpose of the meeting is to discuss the proposal(s) that the Friends have made regarding use of Rockford.

          Attached are the notes from our meeting with the Friends in July.

          Message 5 of 8 , Apr 9, 2010
            Hello again--

            We need 2 more chanters and a d'var Torah for our next Shabbat service (April 17th).

            The complete readinig is
            TAZRIA-METZORA LEVITICUS 14:33 - 15:33

            We need chanters for:

            Lev. 15:4-6