Re: [yellowspringshavurah] interfaith singing group

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 5, 2009
      Daniele and I recall that Suzanne had some great ideas for which songs to sing, and I don't think it was Mah Tovu and Halleluah. Suzanne, can you remember what you suggested? Either way, I'm willing to do it, but I do remember liking Suzanne's suggestions.
      I figure we can take 5-10 minutes after services to finally decide, know who's participating, and whatever other details.

      See you all at Services tomorrow.
      David

      On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 7:48 AM, Cheryl Levine <clevineys@...> wrote:

      I'm curious what we need a rehearsal for--to maybe figure out what, if anything, we'd say?  And I think we were supposed to have a cemetery meeting after services too...I have to admit, I would prefer not to give up my entire Saturday for services and meetings...
      I would be happy to attend on Sunday--and, the weekends are precious to me.  Could we do a shorter service?  Any other ideas?

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 5, 2009

        I thought Be ana rahitz, Yotzer Or, Baruch she-amar were all good – the first two slow and sweet, the last more lively. I also thought it would be fun to divide people up (into lots of groups) and do the Kol ha-neshamah in a big round.

        Suzanne

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 5, 2009
          It also occurs to me that if we decide before 5 pm tonight, I could easily make handouts that would have the Hebrew and transliteration for our songs, so people could follow along, or do the round (either mah tovu or kol ha-neshemah). How many people usually attend? Does anyone know?

          I'd have to do it before leaving tonight, though - I don't want to make a special trip to Springfield!

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 5, 2009
            I would prefer to do rounds, but Suzanne's picks are OK too.

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 5, 2009
              I will be there...and maybe Ben and Sam...and I would love to do at least one round and then Yotzer Or...how many do we have to do?  And when will we go "on" so to speak?

              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 5, 2009
                They only wanted two songs and I had to let them know which so i went with Mah Tovu and Halleluyah - we could do the Kol HaNeshama part at the end if we want. Suzanne, I can get the organizer the transliteration of Mah Tovu and Kol Haneshama. I don't think we really need to say anything in terms of introduction. I gave the organizer one sentence about us and one sentence about the songs. Singing through twice at services is a good idea, and that could count as rehearsal if everyone is okay with that. I know I will be there on Sunday, not sure about Jay and Liana. Also, I asked them to make us a little later in the program because of Ray's service. The singing should be fun and just a little taste of us muscially. The quality of performances is mixed but it is interesting to see what the other faith communities sound like.
                Shabbat Shalom everyone!
                Randi

                www.positiveperspec tivescounseling. com