RE: [yellowspringshavurah] passover guest

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 7 8:04 AM

      I’m still waiting to hear back from Todd Sheets, the activities coordinator at the Friends. I don’t have a direct number (he wouldn’t give it to me, which is ok, I understand) for her, and only a first name.

      I will let him and hopefully her know the options, and let you all know.

      Thanks again, all-

      Suzanne

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 7 8:46 AM
        All, as i read about bircat hahamah events around the world, i note it
        is really to be a collective, communal event. how about meeting
        together at the golf course wednesday (tomorrow) at 8 am (followed by
        coffee in our home)?

        or better, come to our home (1050 East Herman St). at 7:55 and we'll
        walk out to the field and say the short blessing together?!

        hope to see many of you bright (i hope) and early.

        shalom, jay

        On Apr 7, 2009, at 8:47 AM, Jay Rothman wrote:

        > Hi All,
        >
        > On wednesday, from sunrise to 3 hours later, we are blessed with the
        > opportunity to acknowledge the blessings of the sun. here is a brief
        > description of the observance that rabbi elisha wolfin (from zichron
        > yaacov) sent. Enjoy! Jay
        >
        > "The Talmud teaches us that every 28 years the sun returns to its
        > original
        > setting, which was set on the fourth day of creation. 28 years have
        > passed,
        > and this Wednesday it will happen again!!! Many Jews throughout the
        > world
        > will be holding special services to commemorate this event. You can do
        > it
        > too! When you first see the sun this coming Wednesday, you may want to
        > utter
        > the following blessing: Baruch Ata HaShem, Eloheinu Melekh HaOlam,
        > Osseh
        > Ma'asei Bereshit (Blessed are you HaShem, sovereign of the universe,
        > who
        > does the deeds of Creation). Remember: you are not blessing the sun,
        > you are
        > blessing its Creator. It is an opportunity to recognize that unlike
        > other
        > sources of energy, the sun is generous, it never changes its prices
        > (always
        > free), it will NEVER boycott Israel… and it is clean."

        Jay Rothman
        President
        The ARIA Group
        and Distinguished Visiting Professor
        The University of Cincinnati
        www.ariagroup.com
        cell - 937-580.5102
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 7 9:17 AM

          I could make it for the blessing, but then would need to leave right away for work!

          Suzanne

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 8 4:47 AM
            The kids studied this in Hebrew/Sunday School recently--we can't join you this morning, but plan to go out, look at the sun, and say the blessing.  What a wonderful thing!

            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 8 5:42 AM

              Sorry I missed you this morning – the sun seems particularly strong today, too – WYSO announced a sun-glare warning!

              Suzanne