passover guest

  • isd_icetek1
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 7, 2009
      hello everyone, Isaac Delamatre here.
      Ispoke with hannah and we would be able to host the woman from assited living for seder tommorow night. we do have a lare flight of stairs leading up to our appartment. i dont know if this is a problem or not.
      Please give me a call if arrangements can be made. 330-634-6024 ok, thankyou and have a great passover!
      Isaac
    • Jay Rothman
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 7, 2009
        Hi All,

        On wednesday, from sunrise to 3 hours later, we are blessed with the
        opportunity to acknowledge the blessings of the sun. here is a brief
        description of the observance that rabbi elisha wolfin (from zichron
        yaacov) sent. Enjoy! Jay

        "The Talmud teaches us that every 28 years the sun returns to its
        original
        setting, which was set on the fourth day of creation. 28 years have
        passed,
        and this Wednesday it will happen again!!! Many Jews throughout the
        world
        will be holding special services to commemorate this event. You can do
        it
        too! When you first see the sun this coming Wednesday, you may want to
        utter
        the following blessing: Baruch Ata HaShem, Eloheinu Melekh HaOlam, Osseh
        Ma'asei Bereshit (Blessed are you HaShem, sovereign of the universe, who
        does the deeds of Creation). Remember: you are not blessing the sun,
        you are
        blessing its Creator. It is an opportunity to recognize that unlike
        other
        sources of energy, the sun is generous, it never changes its prices
        (always
        free), it will NEVER boycott Israel… and it is clean."
      • Jay Rothman
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 7, 2009
          On Apr 7, 2009, at 7:54 AM, isd_icetek1 wrote:

          > hello everyone, Isaac Delamatre here.
          > Ispoke with hannah and we would be able to host the woman from assited
          > living for seder tommorow night. we do have a lare flight of stairs
          > leading up to our appartment. i dont know if this is a problem or not.
          > Please give me a call if arrangements can be made. 330-634-6024 ok,
          > thankyou and have a great passover!
          > Isaac

          Jay Rothman
          President
          The ARIA Group
          and Distinguished Visiting Professor
          The University of Cincinnati
          www.ariagroup.com
          cell - 937-580.5102
        • Johanna Smith
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 7, 2009
            If that the stairs or transportation is a problem, we would be happy to host anyone who needs a seder to attend.  I usually put this in the YS News but didn't get to it this year.  We're a smaller group than usual this year so negotiating our house will be easier.  We do have 3 steps up into our house, but other than that everything is on the first floor.  Somehow I missed the initial request.   If this is better, please let me know.

            Johanna
            767-2311
            Ispoke with hannah and we would be able to host the woman from assited living for seder tommorow night. we do have a lare flight of stairs leading up to our appartment. i dont know if this is a problem or not.
            Please give me a call if arrangements can be made. 330-634-6024 ok, thankyou and have a great passover!
            Isaac

            Checked by AVG.
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 7, 2009

              I’m still waiting to hear back from Todd Sheets, the activities coordinator at the Friends. I don’t have a direct number (he wouldn’t give it to me, which is ok, I understand) for her, and only a first name.

              I will let him and hopefully her know the options, and let you all know.

              Thanks again, all-

              Suzanne

              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 7, 2009
                All, as i read about bircat hahamah events around the world, i note it
                is really to be a collective, communal event. how about meeting
                together at the golf course wednesday (tomorrow) at 8 am (followed by
                coffee in our home)?

                or better, come to our home (1050 East Herman St). at 7:55 and we'll
                walk out to the field and say the short blessing together?!

                hope to see many of you bright (i hope) and early.

                shalom, jay

                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 7, 2009

                  I could make it for the blessing, but then would need to leave right away for work!

                  Suzanne

                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 8, 2009
                    The kids studied this in Hebrew/Sunday School recently--we can't join you this morning, but plan to go out, look at the sun, and say the blessing.  What a wonderful thing!

                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 8, 2009

                      Sorry I missed you this morning – the sun seems particularly strong today, too – WYSO announced a sun-glare warning!

                      Suzanne