Notes and Financials from Annual Meeting

  • Toni Dosik
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 28, 2009

      Attached are three documents:

      1. Notes from Annual Meeting in December
      2. The Income/expense report from 2008
      3. The net worth from 2008.

      Email me if you have any questions.

      Toni
    • Johanna Smith
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 28, 2009
        Toni,

        I would very much like to read the notes to the meeting but cannot open the attachment.  Would you mind copying and pasting please into an email?

        Thanks so much,

        Johanna
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 28, 2009
          Re: [yellowspringshavurah] Notes and Financials from Annual Meeting Johanna,

          Here are the notes.  What about the financials?

          Toni

          Notes
          YS Havurah
          Annual Meeting
          December 7, 2008

          1.  Rockford.  Friends have been working on arrangements with the University about the status of Rockford.  The renovations and investments they have made over the years (about $187,000) exceed the property appraisal of $104,000.  They plan to offer the University Trustees $1.00 for the property.  They will report back to us on the results of that offer.

          We will continue to pay our rent to the University and will work with Friends about assuming more of the costs for heating and upkeep of the building.

          2.  Cemetery Plot.  Jay reported of his conversations about using a portion of the new cemetery on Xenia Avenue to be used for the Havurah.  The Village cemetery group would be able to set aside a space about 13 feet by 35 feet, which would be enough for about 44 sites. There is some question about how to adequately insure that the grounds would be suitable for Jewish burial according to Halakah.  A committee, Suzanne, Gary Zaremsky, Jay, Randi, Nance, Heather, and Mike, agreed to form a task force to work on issues related to the cemetery plots.

          3.  Annual Meeting Date.  We agreed to hold our annual meeting on the same day every year:  the first Sunday in December.  We agreed that the wording of the By-Laws would allow email notification.

          4.  High Holiday Services.  We discussed having full High Holiday services but agreed that this would be up to the Liturgy Committee:  David, Randi, Cheryl, Suzanne, and Len.

          5.  Steering Committee.  The following agreed to be on the Steering Committee: Toni, Suzanne, Heather, David.

          6.  Retreat.  We talked about holding a retreat, led by a renewal rabbi.  Jay will find out more.

          7.  Expenses.  Likely expenses for the coming year are:  new ark for the Torah, Retreat, cemetery, increased costs for Rockford.

          8.  Reviewed Financial Statement.  Attached.

          On 1/28/09 12:03 PM, "Johanna Smith" <rebiljoj@...> wrote:

          Toni,

          I would very much like to read the notes to the meeting but cannot open the attachment.  Would you mind copying and pasting please into an email?

          Thanks so much,

          Johanna

          1. Notes from Annual  Meeting in December
          2. The Income/expense report from 2008
          3. The net  worth from 2008.

          Email me if you have any  questions.

          Checked by AVG.

        • Johanna Smith
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 28, 2009
            For some reason I could open the others.  Thank you so much.