Services this Sat - March 1st

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 28 8:38 AM

      Tomorrow is the first Sat of March, so we will be holding our regularly scheduled Shabbat morning services tomorrow, 10 am, Rockford chapel. Services will be followed by a vegetarian/dairy potluck.

      Shabbat Shalom,

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 2, 2014

        Subject: [yellowspringshavurah] Services this Sat - March 1st
        To: yellowspringshavurah@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 2, 2014
          1) Sorry for the blank message just now.

          2) The book I mentioned yesterday to the Chavurah is

          The Book of Legends, Sefer Ha-Aggadah: Legends from the Tamud and Midrash

          edited by Hayim Nahman Bialik and Yehoshua Hana Ravnitzky, translated by William G. Braude

          Schocken Books, Inc., copyright 1992

          It's not as heavy as I remembered it, but it's very good. The index is really useful.

          3) I mentioned that Temple Sholom in Springfield will be observing Purim a little early:
          At 6 pm on Friday, March 14, we will have a service plus a version of a megillah reading,
          followed at about 7:15 by a Middle Eastern buffet dinner catered by Moose Restaurant in
          Springfield. The cost of the dinner will be $10 for adults and $4 for kids, please RSVP by
          Tuesday, March 11.

          4) Temple Israel will have its Purim Carnival on Sunday. For more info, please go to
          http://tidayton.org/ti-monthly-calendar#year=2014&month=3&day=2&view=month

          Larry Turyn
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 2, 2014
            Thank you, Larry!

            Suzanne
            From: Larry Turyn <boismortier99@...>
            Sender: <yellowspringshavurah@yahoogroups.com>
            Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2014 10:51:02 -0800
            To: <yellowspringshavurah@yahoogroups.com>
            ReplyTo: <yellowspringshavurah@yahoogroups.com>
            Subject: [yellowspringshavurah] The book I mentioned

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 3, 2014
              Suzanne, if you are planning to order one,
              can you let us know the cost? I might
              want to order one too--

              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 3, 2014

                Hi –

                I’m not planning on buy one – Wittenberg’s library has a copy.   J

                Amazon has it listed as:

                ·        Hardcover
                $53.59

                ·        29 Used from $41.66