In today's NY Times

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 18, 2013
      As usual, I was reading the New York Times this morning (Friday) and as I turned the pages of the first section, I noticed a familiar face. Mori Rothman's photo is prominently featured in a very interesting story about young American Jews learning Arabic.

      For those of you who don't know Mori, he is the eldest son of good friends of ours, Randi and Jay Rothman. He grew up in Yellow Springs and now lives in Israel.

      The story is quite interesting in its own right. Len and I think that this is the first time we have ever seen someone we know in the New York Times.

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 18, 2013
        Stephen showed it to me while I was in the shower today, lol.
        Trust Mori to make the NYTimes! :-)
        Maybe he'll put Yellow Springs on the map too...
        Awesome stuff.

        On Friday, October 18, 2013 9:17 AM, Antonia Dosik <tdosik@...> wrote:

        As usual, I was reading the New York Times this morning (Friday) and as I turned the pages of the first section, I noticed a familiar face. Mori Rothman's photo is prominently featured in a very interesting story about young American Jews learning Arabic.

        For those of you who don't know Mori, he is the eldest son of good friends of ours, Randi and Jay Rothman. He grew up in Yellow Springs and now lives in Israel.

        The story is quite interesting in its own right. Len and I think that this is the first time we have ever seen someone we know in the New York Times.

        Toni

      • Johanna
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 18, 2013
          How wonderful!  And closer to home, BTW, Micah Naziri, directly across the street from you, Toni, is as well.  His efforts are similar, although he’s taking another approach.  It’s so wonderful seeing more and more people reaching out to each other to make peace—one human being at a time.

          Johanna

          Sent: Friday, October 18, 2013 9:17 AM
          Subject: [yellowspringshavurah] In today's NY Times

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 18, 2013
            Okay, so does anyone who has an electronic subscription provide us with the link?
            Suzanne, that sounds like your expertise, right?

            David

            On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 9:17 AM, Antonia Dosik <tdosik@...> wrote:

            As usual, I was reading the New York Times this morning (Friday) and as I turned the pages of the first section, I noticed a familiar face. Mori Rothman's photo is prominently featured in a very interesting story about young American Jews learning Arabic.

            For those of you who don't know Mori, he is the eldest son of good friends of ours, Randi and Jay Rothman. He grew up in Yellow Springs and now lives in Israel.

            The story is quite interesting in its own right. Len and I think that this is the first time we have ever seen someone we know in the New York Times.

          • Micah Naziri
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 18, 2013
              I'm pretty alright at Arabic too :D

              Not perfect but made it through five years of Arabic at UD and WSU

              Early Shabbat Shalom to all

              Sent from my iPhone

              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 18, 2013

                Sent: Friday, October 18, 2013 9:17 AM