FW: Townhall: Farmers Market and Food Assistance

    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 8, 2013

      All,

      Please see the message below. I am wondering if the Havurah would be willing to contribute $150 to cover one of the remaining Saturdays.  I realize that not the Yellow Springs community, but I think it’s a really interesting project. Tzedakah for the High Holidays…

      Let me know what you think,

      Suzanne

      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 8, 2013
        It's an excellent idea that I support, that the Havurah would donate $150 to this.--Larry Turyn

        PS One of the issues the old Springfield J.A.M. organization supported was that the
        South Limestone Street Kroger should improve to be as good as other Krogers. This relates
        to the issue of poorer neighborhoods being "food deserts."

        Subject: [yellowspringshavurah] FW: Townhall: Farmers Market and Food Assistance
        To: "yellowspringshavurah@yahoogroups.com" <yellowspringshavurah@yahoogroups.com>

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 8, 2013
          Sounds good to me!!

          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 16, 2013
            I like the concept of tdzekah going to promote healthy eating, supplement local growers, and giving to the community.
            Nance

            Sent from Yahoo! Mail for iPhone

            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 16, 2013
              All,

              I also like the concept, but wonder if it wouldn't be more sensible and fair for us to contribute a smaller amount -- say $75 or $81.

              Toni

              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 16, 2013

                Rick did say we did not have to contribute the full $150.  Can we finalize a decision over lunch tomorrow after services?

                Which reminds me – We are having our usual Shabbat morning service tomorrow, 10 am, Rockford chapel.  J

                Suzanne

                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 16, 2013
                  I have a few remarks about Deut. 24:16-18 that I can give tomorrow morning (Aug. 17, 2013). I wouldn't call it a full fledged
                  "dvar Torah" but it may be useful. I prepared for this because I'm leading services at Temple Sholom tonight.--Larry

                  To: "yellowspringshavurah@yahoogroups.com" <yellowspringshavurah@yahoogroups.com>
                  Date: Friday, August 16, 2013, 3:36 PM

                  From:
                  yellowspringshavurah@yahoogroups.com

                  wrote:

                  I like the concept of
                  tdzekah going to promote healthy eating, supplement local
                  growers, and giving to the community.

                  Nance

                  Sent from Yahoo! Mail for iPhone

                  From:
                  Suzanne A.
                  Smailes <ssmailes@...>;

                  To: yellowspringshavurah@yahoogroups.com

                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 16, 2013
                    I, mailed them a check for $150. already.  I enjoy going to the farmers market and would hope that someone else can enjoy who cannot afford.
                    seymour wexler

                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 16, 2013

                      Larry, that would be great - thank you !

                      Suzanne

                      To: "yellowspringshavurah@yahoogroups.com" <yellowspringshavurah@yahoogroups.com>

                      wrote:

                      I like the concept of
                      tdzekah going to promote healthy eating, supplement local
                      growers, and giving to the community.

                      Nance

                      Sent from Yahoo! Mail for iPhone

                      From: