Hanukkah

  • Johanna
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2013
      Hi All,

      I had made a commitment to a arts camp in Xenia to come talk about Hanukkah tomorrow, Tuesday, July 30 at 10 AM.  Due to some continuing health issues, I will be unable to make that commitment.

      Is anybody willing and able to go talk to a few second through fifth graders about Hanukkah and family traditions?  The woman leading the program, Lynn Brown, has lots of books, has done her homework well and can fill in historical gaps, but these kids have no clue about Jews, my guess is.  After the presentation the kids will be doing some related crafts and writing a play about what they’ve learned.

      This takes place at the Theater/Gallery where I have my work, E*ACT, 45 E. 2nd Street.

      Oh, they also need to have a real Hanukkiah, because they don’t even have that!  I was going to bring several.

      thanks so much.

      Johanna