FW: DPAA: Free Schuster Open House Saturday Features Sid the Serpent

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 27, 2013
      F. Y. I.

      --- On Wed, 2/27/13, Turyn, Larry <larry.turyn@...> wrote:

      From: Turyn, Larry <larry.turyn@...>
      Subject: FW: DPAA: Free Schuster Open House Saturday Features Sid the Serpent
      To: "boismortier99@..." <boismortier99@...>
      Date: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 3:09 PM

      From: Dayton Performing Arts Alliance [dpaanews@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 10:59 AM
      To: Turyn, Larry

      Sid-the-Serpent

      This Saturday, See Dayton Opera’s New In-School Program and More at the Schuster Open House

      Families and Educators won’t want to miss a free performance of Dayton Opera’s new in-school program this Saturday, March 2 at 1:45 p.m. in the Mathile Theatre at the Schuster Center

      Sid the Serpent Who Wanted to Sing, an entertaining and fast-paced 45-minute program appropriate for grades K thru 6, is about Sid, a dancing circus snake who wants to learn to sing more than anything. Accompanied by his circus friends, he travels the world, trying a different style of singing wherever he goes – grand opera in Rome, music hall in London, rock in New York City. Sid eventually learns he has been singing all along, in his own style, and that is what really matters.

      These performances are part of the “Dayton Opera on the Road,” one of several Dayton Performing Arts Alliance’s education programs that reach out to Miami Valley elementary and secondary school students.

      And while you’re at the Schuster Center, enjoy dance demonstrations by the Dayton Ballet School at 2:30 and 4 p.m. and hear the Dayton Philharmonic Youth Strings concert at 4:15 p.m. It’s all part of the Schuster Center 10th Anniversary Open House on March 2 from 1 to 6 p.m.

      Please remember, we couldn’t do it without these generous organizations and patrons:

      BALLET: Kettering Health Network Season Sponsor

      OPERA: Opera Guild of Dayton

      PHILHARMONIC: Premier Health Classical Series | Kettering Health Network SuperPops Series | DP&L Family Series | Demirjian Classical Connections Series | Graeter's Symphony Sundaes Series Presented by One Call Now | The Bob Ross Auto Group Official Automobile | Dayton Marriott Official Hotel | Dayton Philharmonic Volunteer Association

      KEY FUNDERS: Culture Works | The Dayton Foundation | Miriam Rosenthal Memorial Trust Fund | Montgomery County Arts & Cultural District | Ohio Arts Council | National Endowment for the Arts

      © Dayton Performing Arts Alliance
      126 North Main Street, Suite 210
      Dayton, Ohio 45402
      Administrative Office: (937) 224-3521
      Please send comments to David Bukvic, Director of Marketing and Communications

      To remove yourself from future emails click here

      This message was sent to larry.turyn@...
    • margaret morgan
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2013
        Hello all -- hope this message finds you well (and possibly stocking up on matzah while the shelves are still full?!)

        Although this film came out last summer, I just heard about it this morning on Weekend Edition and I was intrigued so I looked up the trailer... It made me smile and think of all of you :)
        Check it out here:

        http://vimeo.com/57187420

        The great news is that it will be playing SUNDAY, MAY 5th at 2pm at the NEON in Dayton as part of the Jewish Film Festival this year.  Following is a link for the full line-up:

        http://www.jewishdayton.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/FF_brochure_2013vFINAL.pdf

        The two Yellow Springs shows will be playing at the Antioch Midwest auditorium since the Little Art will be closed for renovation.

        Of course I hope to see at least some of you before then... meanwhile, keep singing!!

        xo & Shalom,
        Margaret