Book Buriel

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2012
      Hello!  Just thought you'd like to know in case you have anything you'd like to dispose of in this way...also, is there anything we need to clean out for the Havurah?

      BOOK BURIAL - Beth Abraham
      Sunday, October 7 - 11:00 am
      Join us as we conduct a book burial ceremony at our cemetery for our many sacred books and ritual items that can no longer be used. Our tradition teaches us that these items cannot be thrown away, but must be treated with respect and buried in a Jewish cemetery. The service contains readings, songs and prayer and will be led by Rabbi Barsky and Cantor Raizen, with the help of the religious school children.

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 3, 2012

        I have some items from Randi and Jay that were in too poor of shape to add to the library. Is Beth Abraham accepting items? Can I give them to someone who regularly goes there? (I would be a complete stranger…)

        Suzanne

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 3, 2012
          Yes, that was the idea.  I belong there and can bring the stuff over on Sunday with Sam...