Yom Kippur Gratitude and Thanks

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 27, 2012
      Dear Steve,
      Now that the whirlwind is over, I have had a moment to reflect on these High Holy Days.
      I cannot express enough how helpful the Dropbox melodies were.  Singing along with you in preparation made me feel like you were with me, coaching me along the way.  I want to thank you again for your selfless dedication to helping us retain the spiritual flavor of the service with the melodies--and the service you put together for us was as timely, as fresh, and as "Yellow Springsian" as it could have been.

      I also want to thank David for his accompaniment in singing the Kol Nidre prayer and leading the meditation, to Joshua, for putting together such a lovely tune to the meditation--and accompanying the other pieces, which were much enhanced by his piano playing, to Sam, who has rarely performed on public and did such a beautiful job on the guitar during some very important songs, and thanks to Elliott, whose Ein Ods and other melodies on the guitar helped us retain that meditative and spiritually fulfilling mood. I also want to thank Margaret, who in the last hour gave us such a beautiful and haunting Psalm 23, The Lord is My Shepard.

      I want to thank all the other members of the Havurah for their beautiful voices during the prayers, both in English and Hebrew--and for coming.  Our sense of community is very precious to me.

      Finally, I want to thank all the behind the scenes folks like Suzanne Smailes, Len Kramer, Toni Dosik and others who dealt with the flowers, the food, the setting up and the breaking down.  Unsung heroes all.

      We did a good thing!

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 27, 2012
        Dear Jessica (and the entire Little Minyan),

        As you can see from the thread below, we have been expressing our thanks and gratitude to all of the people who helped make our High Holy Day experiences so moving and so meaningful.

        I want to express to you, especially, and to your group, how important it was for us to have found a like-minded community with whom we could spend the holidays.  Your service was beautiful, meaningful and so welcoming that I cannot but think that we will have many other opportunities to collaborate.  It was very gracious of you to take us on during this most important time, and your contributions to our High Holy Day experience were significant and irreplaceable.  We LOVED the new melodies!!

        We need to get on each other's email lists!  We hope to attend your Sukkot celebration at Bill Cohen's house...and would love to host all of you for a "Day in the Springs" some Saturday soon, for services in the morning and then some fun for the day.  Let's plan something!

        Again, thank you so much for allowing us to participate in your High Holiday services.  It was a very special year for us.

        Fondly,

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 28, 2012
          What a wonderful letter. I am sad to have missed this year!

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 30, 2012
            So sorry to hear about your cold!  Thanks for all your kind words about our ruach, you know you can come back any time!!!
            Do let us know if you are ever at loose ends and want to come spend a Saturday...
            And thanks again.  Happy Sukkot!
            Fondly,