Re: [yellowspringshavurah] Chag Sameach, and Happy Pesach!

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 10, 2012
      Cheryl,
      An eloquent moving poem, thanks for that. I have always appreciated Primo Levi.

      David

      On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 7:39 PM, Cheryl Levine <clevineys@...> wrote:

      Wishing you a wonderful Pesach...

      ...This is the night of differences
      In which you lean your elbow on the table,
      Since the forbidden becomes prescribed,
      Evil is translated into good.
      We will spend the night recounting
      Far-off events full of wonder,
      And because of all the wine
      The mountains will skip like rams.
      Tonight they exchange questions:
      The wise, the godless, the simple-minded and the child.
      And time reverses its course,
      Today flowing back into yesterday.
      Like a river enclosed at its mouth.
      Each of us has been a slave in Egypt,
      Soaked straw and clay with sweat,
      And crossed the sea dry-footed.
      You too, stranger.
      This year in fear and shame,
      Next year in virtue and justice.

      [Schocken Passover Haggadah, pg. xxviii, “Passover,” by Primo Levi, 1982]

      Positive Perspectives, Inc. (Springfield Location)

      Positive Perspectives, Inc. (Fairborn Location)

      ***Email is not secure, may not be read every day,
      and should not be used for urgent concerns***