Prayer Book

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2012

      Amazing at it seems, the prayer book is in the final stage! After a
      ton of work by Suzanne and myself to get it typed, plus editing and
      reviewing by Randi and Eric Friedland, and reviewing by Cheryl, it is
      ready to make its debut as a Beta Version.

      I will bring 15 copies to services on Saturday. The aim is for
      everyone to get a copy, and make changes, corrections, notes, etc. as
      we go through it. It is in very good shape, but not perfect. There
      are glitches that seem to be built into the Hebrew program that are
      more or less insurmountable.

      1. It will not make the correct mark to make it a shin or a sin.
      Sometimes this is fixable by using a form of spell check; sometimes
      not. For those places where it is not fixable, it will be done by
      hand. But it is important to circle each place where that occurs.

      2. The layout still needs some work. Ideally the Hebrew would be on
      the right with the transliteration on the left. Sometimes this works
      well and the two are "lined up"; sometimes not. The alternative is
      to put the transliteration under the Hebrew and in some cases, that
      is what has been done. It would be good if people could voice a
      preference.

      3. The program refuses to number the pages completely. It seems to
      have numbered some at the end, but I have no idea why. This can be
      overcome when it goes to be printed by putting on dots with typed
      numbers. For now, we handwrote in the page numbers.

      4. There are odd glitches that remain a mystery. The first line of
      Eilu D'varim on page 6 is clearly on the screen; it just won't print!

      You will notice that some things have been added, per Eric
      Friedland's suggestions and some from Randi, and some things have
      been re-arranged. We'll all voice our opinions about this, I'm sure.

      A work in progress, but just about there!

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2012
        FANTASTIC!!!

        ***Email is not secure, may not be read every day, and should not be used for urgent concerns***

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2, 2012
          Amazing, indeed! Thanks for all your hard work (and camaraderie in the I Hate This Hebrew Software Program Club).

          As for the page numbering, I had to print the whole thing off without the page numbers, then ran it through my printer again using a blank Microsoft word document with only the page numbers in a footer, which then printed the page numbers at the bottom.

          I also had problems with the Eilu D'varim , sometimes it printed and sometimes it didn't. It had something to do with the spacing.

          All in all, a lot of work for many of us - and I am so grateful for the proof readers -

          and now, as Toni says, input from us all at the services!

          Giddily,

          Suzanne

          --- In yellowspringshavurah@yahoogroups.com, Cheryl Levine <clevineys@...> wrote:

          > FANTASTIC!!!-c
          >
          > Cheryl B. Levine, Psy.D.
          > Clinical and Consulting Psychologist
          > Positive Perspectives, Inc.
          > 1130 Vester Avenue, Suite C
          > Springfield, OH 45503
          > 937.390.3800
          > 937.390.3804 (fax)
          > www.positiveperspectivescounseling.com
          >
          > The Ohio State University Rural Program
          > Behavioral Scientist/Preceptor
          > 4879 US Route 68 South
          > West Liberty, OH 43357
          > 937.465.0080 www.madriverfamilypractice.org
          > ***Email is not secure, may not be read every day, and should not be used for urgent concerns***

        • Celia Diamond