Re: [yellowspringshavurah] Weather and Havurah tomorrow

  • Leonard Kramer
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 20, 2012
      Re: [yellowspringshavurah] Weather and Havurah tomorrow Suzanne – this sounds like a plan, but there are some challenges to all of us coming to the same conclusion about the weather, independently.  And some of us won’t answer phone calls or look at e-mails on Shabbat.  Not that I have any answers...

      Len

      From: Suzanne Smailes <ssmailes@...>
      Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 14:29:35 -0000
      To: YSHavurah <yellowspringshavurah@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [yellowspringshavurah] Weather and Havurah tomorrow

      Shalom, everyone-

      As the only person with a key to Rockford who will be around tomorrow, I would like to suggest we cancel services tomorrow morning IF (and that's a big IF)we wake up to a winter wonderland of ice. According to the forecast:

      The National Weather Service in Wilmington has issued a Winter
      Weather Advisory... which is in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to
      11 am EST Saturday.

      * Locations... the I-70 corridor... including the Whitewater and
       Miami valleys and central Ohio.

      * Hazard types... freezing rain and snow.

      * Accumulations... ice accumulation of one to two tenths of an inch
       and snow accumulation up to one inch.

      * Timing... precipitation will begin this afternoon and pick up in
       intensity this evening. The precipitation will end Saturday morning.

      * Impacts... travel difficulties are expected due to reduced
       visibilities and ice and snow accumulations.

      I am assuming the Feminyan would reschedule their visit if the weather is poor.

      IF, on the other hand, we wake up to a nice gentle snow, then I will be happy to unlock Rockford and services can happily be held.

      Does this sound like a resonable plan? Or, if someone is determined to have services tomorrow, I will happily hand you the key to Rockford - just let me know!

      Please send feedback to the entire list,

      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 20, 2012
        Yes, that is why I was hoping to come to an agreement before Shabbat.

        Well, I admit I am a person who won't go out in an ice storm/icy weather. If I weren't the only holder of a key, I wouldn't worry and I would just stay home if I wasn't comfortable driving (or walking on an icy sidewalk...)

        So, is there someone who would be willing to open Rockford tomorrow?
        Someone not afraid of ice? :)

        Suzanne

        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 20, 2012
          Unless the Feminyan says that they plan to be there, I would cancel tomorrow morning's service.

          Larry Turyn

          Yes, that is why I was hoping to come to an agreement before Shabbat.

          Well, I admit I am a person who won't go out in an ice storm/icy weather. If I weren't the only holder of a key, I wouldn't worry and I would just stay home if I wasn't comfortable driving (or walking on an icy sidewalk...)

          So, is there someone who would be willing to open Rockford tomorrow?
          Someone not afraid of ice? :)

          Suzanne

          --- In yellowspringshavurah@yahoogroups.com, Leonard Kramer <lenkramer@...> wrote:

          > Suzanne ­ this sounds like a plan, but there are some challenges to all of
          > us coming to the same conclusion about the weather, independently. And some
          > of us won¹t answer phone calls or look at e-mails on Shabbat. Not that I
          > have any answers...
          >
          > Len
          >

          > From: Suzanne Smailes <ssmailes@...>
          > Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 14:29:35 -0000
          > To: YSHavurah <yellowspringshavurah@yahoogroups.com>
          > Subject: [yellowspringshavurah] Weather and Havurah tomorrow
          >

          > Shalom, everyone-
          >
          > As the only person with a key to Rockford who will be around tomorrow, I
          > would like to suggest we cancel services tomorrow morning IF (and that's a
          > big IF)we wake up to a winter wonderland of ice. According to the forecast:
          >
          > The National Weather Service in Wilmington has issued a Winter
          > Weather Advisory... which is in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to
          > 11 am EST Saturday.
          >
          > * Locations... the I-70 corridor... including the Whitewater and
          > Miami valleys and central Ohio.
          >
          > * Hazard types... freezing rain and snow.
          >
          > * Accumulations... ice accumulation of one to two tenths of an inch
          > and snow accumulation up to one inch.
          >
          > * Timing... precipitation will begin this afternoon and pick up in
          > intensity this evening. The precipitation will end Saturday morning.
          >
          > * Impacts... travel difficulties are expected due to reduced
          > visibilities and ice and snow accumulations.
          >
          > I am assuming the Feminyan would reschedule their visit if the weather is
          > poor.
          >
          > IF, on the other hand, we wake up to a nice gentle snow, then I will be
          > happy to unlock Rockford and services can happily be held.
          >
          > Does this sound like a resonable plan? Or, if someone is determined to have
          > services tomorrow, I will happily hand you the key to Rockford - just let me
          > know!
          >
          > Please send feedback to the entire list,
          >
          > Suzanne

        • Gary Klein
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 20, 2012
            Dear Havurim ...

            The Feminyan is canceling for tomorrow.  So we are free to cancel our service tomorrow.

            Gary

            Gary Klein, Ph.D. Phone: 937/767-1128 Cell: 937/238-8281 garyrpd@...

            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 20, 2012
              I "vote" to cancel--
              Larry Turyn

              The Feminyan is canceling for tomorrow.  So we are free to cancel our service tomorrow.

              Gary

              Gary Klein, Ph.D. Phone: 937/767-1128 Cell: 937/238-8281 garyrpd@...

              Unless the Feminyan says that they plan to be there, I would cancel tomorrow morning's service.

              Larry Turyn

              Yes, that is why I was hoping to come to an agreement before Shabbat.

              Well, I admit I am a person who won't go out in an ice storm/icy weather. If I weren't the only holder of a key, I wouldn't worry and I would just stay home if I wasn't comfortable driving (or walking on an icy sidewalk...)

              So, is there someone who would be willing to open Rockford tomorrow?
              Someone not afraid of ice? :)

              Suzanne

              --- In yellowspringshavurah@yahoogroups.com, Leonard Kramer <lenkramer@...> wrote:

              > Suzanne ­ this sounds like a plan, but there are some challenges to all of
              > us coming to the same conclusion about the weather, independently. And some
              > of us won¹t answer phone calls or look at e-mails on Shabbat. Not that I
              > have any answers...
              >
              > Len
              >

              > From: Suzanne Smailes <ssmailes@...>
              > Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 14:29:35 -0000
              > To: YSHavurah <yellowspringshavurah@yahoogroups.com>
              > Subject: [yellowspringshavurah] Weather and Havurah tomorrow
              >

              > Shalom, everyone-
              >
              > As the only person with a key to Rockford who will be around tomorrow, I
              > would like to suggest we cancel services tomorrow morning IF (and that's a
              > big IF)we wake up to a winter wonderland of ice. According to the forecast:
              >
              > The National Weather Service in Wilmington has issued a Winter
              > Weather Advisory... which is in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to
              > 11 am EST Saturday.
              >
              > * Locations... the I-70 corridor... including the Whitewater and
              > Miami valleys and central Ohio.
              >
              > * Hazard types... freezing rain and snow.
              >
              > * Accumulations... ice accumulation of one to two tenths of an inch
              > and snow accumulation up to one inch.
              >
              > * Timing... precipitation will begin this afternoon and pick up in
              > intensity this evening. The precipitation will end Saturday morning.
              >
              > * Impacts... travel difficulties are expected due to reduced
              > visibilities and ice and snow accumulations.
              >
              > I am assuming the Feminyan would reschedule their visit if the weather is
              > poor.
              >
              > IF, on the other hand, we wake up to a nice gentle snow, then I will be
              > happy to unlock Rockford and services can happily be held.
              >
              > Does this sound like a resonable plan? Or, if someone is determined to have
              > services tomorrow, I will happily hand you the key to Rockford - just let me
              > know!
              >
              > Please send feedback to the entire list,
              >
              > Suzanne

            • jay rothman
              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 20, 2012
                happy to go with the crowd.

                if 7 others say, before 4 pm today, via this listserv that they will show up  regardless of weather, i'll get the key from suzanne today and open the door.

                if not, let's cancel.

                On Jan 20, 2012, at 12:22 PM, Larry Turyn wrote:

                I "vote" to cancel--
                Larry Turyn

                  Message 8 of 15 , Jan 20, 2012

                    I am on the record for “cancel”, even though I just made the best challah ever…

                    Suzanne

                    The Feminyan is canceling for tomorrow.  So we are free to cancel our service tomorrow.

                    Gary

                    Gary Klein, Ph.D. Phone: 937/767-1128 Cell: 937/238-8281 garyrpd@...

                    Unless the Feminyan says that they plan to be there, I would cancel tomorrow morning's service.

                    Larry Turyn

                    Yes, that is why I was hoping to come to an agreement before Shabbat.

                    Well, I admit I am a person who won't go out in an ice storm/icy weather. If I weren't the only holder of a key, I wouldn't worry and I would just stay home if I wasn't comfortable driving (or walking on an icy sidewalk...)

                    So, is there someone who would be willing to open Rockford tomorrow?
                    Someone not afraid of ice? :)

                    Suzanne

                    --- In yellowspringshavurah@yahoogroups.com, Leonard Kramer <lenkramer@...> wrote:

                    > Suzanne ­ this sounds like a plan, but there are some challenges to all of
                    > us coming to the same conclusion about the weather, independently. And some
                    > of us won¹t answer phone calls or look at e-mails on Shabbat. Not that I
                    > have any answers...
                    >
                    > Len
                    >

                    > From: Suzanne Smailes <ssmailes@...>
                    > Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 14:29:35 -0000
                    > To: YSHavurah <yellowspringshavurah@yahoogroups.com>
                    > Subject: [yellowspringshavurah] Weather and Havurah tomorrow
                    >

                    > Shalom, everyone-
                    >
                    > As the only person with a key to Rockford who will be around tomorrow, I
                    > would like to suggest we cancel services tomorrow morning IF (and that's a
                    > big IF)we wake up to a winter wonderland of ice. According to the forecast:
                    >
                    > The National Weather Service in Wilmington has issued a Winter
                    > Weather Advisory... which is in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to
                    > 11 am EST Saturday.
                    >
                    > * Locations... the I-70 corridor... including the Whitewater and
                    > Miami valleys and central Ohio.
                    >
                    > * Hazard types... freezing rain and snow.
                    >
                    > * Accumulations... ice accumulation of one to two tenths of an inch
                    > and snow accumulation up to one inch.
                    >
                    > * Timing... precipitation will begin this afternoon and pick up in
                    > intensity this evening. The precipitation will end Saturday morning.
                    >
                    > * Impacts... travel difficulties are expected due to reduced
                    > visibilities and ice and snow accumulations.
                    >
                    > I am assuming the Feminyan would reschedule their visit if the weather is
                    > poor.
                    >
                    > IF, on the other hand, we wake up to a nice gentle snow, then I will be
                    > happy to unlock Rockford and services can happily be held.
                    >
                    > Does this sound like a resonable plan? Or, if someone is determined to have
                    > services tomorrow, I will happily hand you the key to Rockford - just let me
                    > know!
                    >
                    > Please send feedback to the entire list,
                    >
                    > Suzanne

                  • jay rothman

                      The Feminyan is canceling for tomorrow.  So we are free to cancel our service tomorrow.

                      Gary

                      Gary Klein, Ph.D. Phone: 937/767-1128 Cell: 937/238-8281 garyrpd@...

                      Unless the Feminyan says that they plan to be there, I would cancel tomorrow morning's service.

                      Larry Turyn

                      Yes, that is why I was hoping to come to an agreement before Shabbat.

                      Well, I admit I am a person who won't go out in an ice storm/icy weather. If I weren't the only holder of a key, I wouldn't worry and I would just stay home if I wasn't comfortable driving (or walking on an icy sidewalk...)

                      So, is there someone who would be willing to open Rockford tomorrow?
                      Someone not afraid of ice? :)

                      Suzanne

                      --- In yellowspringshavurah@yahoogroups.com, Leonard Kramer <lenkramer@...> wrote:

                      > Suzanne ­ this sounds like a plan, but there are some challenges to all of
                      > us coming to the same conclusion about the weather, independently. And some
                      > of us won¹t answer phone calls or look at e-mails on Shabbat. Not that I
                      > have any answers...
                      >
                      > Len
                      >

                      > From: Suzanne Smailes <ssmailes@...>
                      > Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 14:29:35 -0000
                      > To: YSHavurah <yellowspringshavurah@yahoogroups.com>
                      > Subject: [yellowspringshavurah] Weather and Havurah tomorrow
                      >

                      > Shalom, everyone-
                      >
                      > As the only person with a key to Rockford who will be around tomorrow, I
                      > would like to suggest we cancel services tomorrow morning IF (and that's a
                      > big IF)we wake up to a winter wonderland of ice. According to the forecast:
                      >
                      > The National Weather Service in Wilmington has issued a Winter
                      > Weather Advisory... which is in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to
                      > 11 am EST Saturday.
                      >
                      > * Locations... the I-70 corridor... including the Whitewater and
                      > Miami valleys and central Ohio.
                      >
                      > * Hazard types... freezing rain and snow.
                      >
                      > * Accumulations... ice accumulation of one to two tenths of an inch
                      > and snow accumulation up to one inch.
                      >
                      > * Timing... precipitation will begin this afternoon and pick up in
                      > intensity this evening. The precipitation will end Saturday morning.
                      >
                      > * Impacts... travel difficulties are expected due to reduced
                      > visibilities and ice and snow accumulations.
                      >
                      > I am assuming the Feminyan would reschedule their visit if the weather is
                      > poor.
                      >
                      > IF, on the other hand, we wake up to a nice gentle snow, then I will be
                      > happy to unlock Rockford and services can happily be held.
                      >
                      > Does this sound like a resonable plan? Or, if someone is determined to have
                      > services tomorrow, I will happily hand you the key to Rockford - just let me
                      > know!
                      >
                      > Please send feedback to the entire list,
                      >
                      > Suzanne

                    • Leonard Kramer
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jan 20, 2012
                        Re: [yellowspringshavurah] Re: Weather and Havurah tomorrow We will attend if there’s 5 others

                        Len and Toni

                        Gary Klein, Ph.D. Phone:  937/767-1128 <tel:937%2F767-1128> Cell:  937/238-8281 <tel:937%2F238-8281> garyrpd@...

                        --- In yellowspringshavurah@yahoogroups.com <mailto:yellowspringshavurah%40yahoogroups.com> , Leonard Kramer <lenkramer@...> wrote:

                        > Suzanne ­ this sounds like a plan, but there are some challenges to all of
                        > us coming to the same conclusion about the weather, independently.  And some
                        > of us won¹t answer phone calls or look at e-mails on Shabbat.  Not that I
                        > have any answers...
                        >
                        > Len
                        >

                        > From: Suzanne Smailes <ssmailes@...>
                        > Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 14:29:35 -0000
                        > To: YSHavurah <yellowspringshavurah@yahoogroups.com <mailto:yellowspringshavurah%40yahoogroups.com> >
                        > Subject: [yellowspringshavurah] Weather and Havurah tomorrow
                        >

                        > Shalom, everyone-
                        >
                        > As the only person with a key to Rockford who will be around tomorrow, I
                        > would like to suggest we cancel services tomorrow morning IF (and that's a
                        > big IF)we wake up to a winter wonderland of ice. According to the forecast:
                        >
                        > The National Weather Service in Wilmington has issued a Winter
                        > Weather Advisory... which is in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to
                        > 11 am EST Saturday.
                        >
                        > * Locations... the I-70 corridor... including the Whitewater and
                        >  Miami valleys and central Ohio.
                        >
                        > * Hazard types... freezing rain and snow.
                        >
                        > * Accumulations... ice accumulation of one to two tenths of an inch
                        >  and snow accumulation up to one inch.
                        >
                        > * Timing... precipitation will begin this afternoon and pick up in
                        >  intensity this evening. The precipitation will end Saturday morning.
                        >
                        > * Impacts... travel difficulties are expected due to reduced
                        >  visibilities and ice and snow accumulations.
                        >
                        > I am assuming the Feminyan would reschedule their visit if the weather is
                        > poor.
                        >
                        > IF, on the other hand, we wake up to a nice gentle snow, then I will be
                        > happy to unlock Rockford and services can happily be held.
                        >
                        > Does this sound like a resonable plan? Or, if someone is determined to have
                        > services tomorrow, I will happily hand you the key to Rockford - just let me
                        > know!
                        >
                        > Please send feedback to the entire list,
                        >
                        > Suzanne

                      • Leonard Kramer
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jan 20, 2012
                          Re: [yellowspringshavurah] Re: Weather and Havurah tomorrow So it’s now 4 PM – and we only have 5 people who have responded.  Services are cancelled?

                          The Feminyan is canceling for tomorrow.  So we are free to cancel our service tomorrow.

                          Gary

                          Gary Klein, Ph.D. Phone:  937/767-1128 <tel:937%2F767-1128> Cell:  937/238-8281 <tel:937%2F238-8281> garyrpd@...

                          Unless the Feminyan says that they plan to be there, I would cancel tomorrow morning's service.

                          Larry Turyn

                          Yes, that is why I was hoping to come to an agreement before Shabbat.

                          Well, I admit I am a person who won't go out in an ice storm/icy weather. If I weren't the only holder of a key, I wouldn't worry and I would just stay home if I wasn't comfortable driving (or walking on an icy sidewalk...)

                          So, is there someone who would be willing to open Rockford tomorrow?
                          Someone not afraid of ice?  :)

                          Suzanne

                          --- In yellowspringshavurah@yahoogroups.com <mailto:yellowspringshavurah%40yahoogroups.com> , Leonard Kramer <lenkramer@...> wrote:

                          > Suzanne ­ this sounds like a plan, but there are some challenges to all of
                          > us coming to the same conclusion about the weather, independently.  And some
                          > of us won¹t answer phone calls or look at e-mails on Shabbat.  Not that I
                          > have any answers...
                          >
                          > Len
                          >

                          > From: Suzanne Smailes <ssmailes@...>
                          > Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 14:29:35 -0000
                          > To: YSHavurah <yellowspringshavurah@yahoogroups.com <mailto:yellowspringshavurah%40yahoogroups.com> >
                          > Subject: [yellowspringshavurah] Weather and Havurah tomorrow
                          >

                          > Shalom, everyone-
                          >
                          > As the only person with a key to Rockford who will be around tomorrow, I
                          > would like to suggest we cancel services tomorrow morning IF (and that's a
                          > big IF)we wake up to a winter wonderland of ice. According to the forecast:
                          >
                          > The National Weather Service in Wilmington has issued a Winter
                          > Weather Advisory... which is in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to
                          > 11 am EST Saturday.
                          >
                          > * Locations... the I-70 corridor... including the Whitewater and
                          >  Miami valleys and central Ohio.
                          >
                          > * Hazard types... freezing rain and snow.
                          >
                          > * Accumulations... ice accumulation of one to two tenths of an inch
                          >  and snow accumulation up to one inch.
                          >
                          > * Timing... precipitation will begin this afternoon and pick up in
                          >  intensity this evening. The precipitation will end Saturday morning.
                          >
                          > * Impacts... travel difficulties are expected due to reduced
                          >  visibilities and ice and snow accumulations.
                          >
                          > I am assuming the Feminyan would reschedule their visit if the weather is
                          > poor.
                          >
                          > IF, on the other hand, we wake up to a nice gentle snow, then I will be
                          > happy to unlock Rockford and services can happily be held.
                          >
                          > Does this sound like a resonable plan? Or, if someone is determined to have
                          > services tomorrow, I will happily hand you the key to Rockford - just let me
                          > know!
                          >
                          > Please send feedback to the entire list,
                          >
                          > Suzanne

                        • Gary
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jan 20, 2012
                            Helen and I will attend. That makes seven.

                            Gary

                            Sent from my iPhone

> [...]

                            > * Hazard types... freezing rain and snow.
                            >
                            > * Accumulations... ice accumulation of one to two tenths of an inch
                            >  and snow accumulation up to one inch.
                            >
                            > * Timing... precipitation will begin this afternoon and pick up in
                            >  intensity this evening. The precipitation will end Saturday morning.
                            >
                            > * Impacts... travel difficulties are expected due to reduced
                            >  visibilities and ice and snow accumulations.
                            >
                            > I am assuming the Feminyan would reschedule their visit if the weather is
                            > poor.
                            >
                            > IF, on the other hand, we wake up to a nice gentle snow, then I will be
                            > happy to unlock Rockford and services can happily be held.
                            >
                            > Does this sound like a resonable plan? Or, if someone is determined to have
                            > services tomorrow, I will happily hand you the key to Rockford - just let me
                            > know!
                            >
                            > Please send feedback to the entire list,

                          • jay rothman