Naming ceremony for Harvey Siff, Jan 3 at 7p.m.

  • Siff, Stephen Dr.
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 31, 2011
    Our Havurah friends,

    Please help us celebrate the birth of our son, Harvey, at a naming ceremony at Rockford this Tuesday, January 3, at 7 pm. Rabbi Bruce Adler, from Cincinnati Reconstructionist synagogue B'nai Tikvah, will lead a short service and we will enjoy a bagel dinner after. Please bring nothing but yourselves!

    Best wishes,

    Steve and Sarah Siff

    ---
    Stephen Siff
    Assistant Professor, Journalism Program
    Miami University, Oxford Ohio
    Williams 234 - (513) 529-7311
  • Celia Diamond
    Message 2 of 7 , Jan 1, 2012
      Mazel Tov, Steve, Sarah and Harvey!  What perfect news to celebrate the New Year!  I look forward to helping celebrate your simcha on Tuesday evening.
      - Celia

      [Attachment(s) from Siff, Stephen Dr. included below]

      Message 3 of 7 , Jan 3, 2012

        Mazel tov and welcome to the world, Harvey!

        I won't be there tonight as much as I would like to. Sheila has had the flu yesterday and today - and while she in on the brighter side of it all, I don't want to leave her on her own. In addition, I don't want to be a modern day Typhoid Mary,esp. when there are newborn babies in the room!

        So, my spirit will be there - and once again, congratulations!

        Suzanne

        /
        --- In yellowspringshavurah@yahoogroups.com, "Siff, Stephen Dr." <siffs@...> wrote:

        > Our Havurah friends,
        >
        > Please help us celebrate the birth of our son, Harvey, at a naming ceremony at Rockford this Tuesday, January 3, at 7 pm. Rabbi Bruce Adler, from Cincinnati Reconstructionist synagogue B'nai Tikvah, will lead a short service and we will enjoy a bagel dinner after. Please bring nothing but yourselves!
        >
        > Best wishes,
        >
        > Steve and Sarah Siff
        >

        > ---
        > Stephen Siff
        > Assistant Professor, Journalism Program
        > Miami University, Oxford Ohio
        > Williams 234 - (513) 529-7311

      • Gary Klein
        Message 4 of 7 , Jan 3, 2012
          Steve ...

          Thank you for inviting Helen and me.  This was a wonderful event.  Got to meet Harvey, see him named, and meet your parents.

          I will add you to the Men's Group mailing list and let you know about our next event.

          Mazel Tov.

          Gary

          Gary Klein, Ph.D.
          Phone: 937/767-1128
          Cell: 937/238-8281
          garyrpd@...

          Message 5 of 7 , Jan 4, 2012
            Hear hear!  How wonderful to meet Harvey--love his name, love his red hair!!  Thanks so much for including us all in your mitzvah...it was great to meet your folks, your friends and your Rabbis!

            ***Email is not secure, may not be read every day, and should not be used for urgent concerns***

            Message 6 of 7 , Jan 4, 2012
              Mazal Tov on your new son and the baby naming!  sorry I couldn’t be there to meet you and him.

              Johanna

              Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2012 6:59 AM

              Message 7 of 7 , Jan 5, 2012
                Oh, sorry to hear that Sheila is unwell.  By now I hope she's recovered.
                Harvey is tiny and robust, a redhead with plenty of hair already!  Both he and Miriam are adorable.  There was a 10-month-old there as well, a friend from Cincinnati area named Jessie.  The ceremony was lovely. So nice to attend another simcha!
                Hope to see you Saturday.
                - Celia

                All,