Yom Kippur Break-the-Fast

  • Celia Diamond
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 5, 2011
      Shalom, Haverim and Haverot.  Again after the Yom Kippur Ne'ilah service on Saturday, we will hold a Break-the-Fast meal at Rockford Chapel.
      This is an invitation to bring something for the meal if you're so inclined.  (If not, don't worry, just come.)
      So far we have:
      Three platters from Current Cuisine: one of various cheeses, one of crackers, and one of fruit;
      Bagels, cream cheese, lox;
      Apple cider.

      Other dishes would be welcome, such as vegetarian soup in a crock-pot, bread/challah, tomatoes & cukes for the bagels & lox, salads, or your own personal favorite, whatever it may be (dairy/vegetarian).
      I look forward to davening on Yom Kippur with you and Steve Klaper.
      L'Shanah Tovah,
      - Celia

      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 5, 2011
        Hi Celia,
        I think Stephen has signed up to bring cream cheese, onions and tomatoes...he spoke to you at Rosh Hashana services...are you still needing that?

        ***Email is not secure, may not be read every day, and should not be used for urgent concerns***

            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 6, 2011
              Yes, thanks.  It will be great if he brings these.  I remembered about the cream cheese but forgot he threw in the onions & tomatoes!

              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 6, 2011
                I am planning to be there, and I will bring something.
                Elliot

                > We are bringing lox and a noodle kugel.  The Klapers are bringing bagels.
                >
                > Toni and Len
                > On Oct 5, 2011, at 8:25 PM, Celia Diamond wrote:
                >

                > Shalom, Haverim and Haverot.  Again after the Yom Kippur Ne'ilah service on Saturday, we will hold a Break-the-Fast meal at Rockford Chapel.
                > This is an invitation to bring something for the meal if you're so inclined.  (If not, don't worry, just come.)
                > So far we have:
                > Three platters from Current Cuisine: one of various cheeses, one of crackers, and one of fruit;
                > Bagels, cream cheese, lox;
                > Apple cider.
                >
                > Other dishes would be welcome, such as vegetarian soup in a crock-pot, bread/challah, tomatoes & cukes for the bagels & lox, salads, or your own personal favorite, whatever it may be (dairy/vegetarian).
                > I look forward t! o davening on Yom Kippur with you and Steve Klaper.
                > L'Shanah Tovah,
                > - Celia

              • Celia Diamond
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 6, 2011
                  Thanks -- see you there.

                  On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 6:26 PM, Elliot Gaines <elliot.gaines@...> wrote:

                  I am planning to be there, and I will bring something.
                  Elliot

                  > We are bringing lox and a noodle kugel.  The Klapers are bringing bagels.
                  >
                  > Toni and Len
                  > On Oct 5, 2011, at 8:25 PM, Celia Diamond wrote:
                  >

                  > Shalom, Haverim and Haverot.  Again after the Yom Kippur Ne'ilah service on Saturday, we will hold a Break-the-Fast meal at Rockford Chapel.
                  > This is an invitation to bring something for the meal if you're so inclined.  (If not, don't worry, just come.)
                  > So far we have:
                  > Three platters from Current Cuisine: one of various cheeses, one of crackers, and one of fruit;
                  > Bagels, cream cheese, lox;
                  > Apple cider.
                  >
                  > Other dishes would be welcome, such as vegetarian soup in a crock-pot, bread/challah, tomatoes & cukes for the bagels & lox, salads, or your own personal favorite, whatever it may be (dairy/vegetarian).
                  > I look forward t! o davening on Yom Kippur with you and Steve Klaper.

                  > L'Shanah Tovah,
                  > - Celia

                • randi rothman
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 6, 2011
                    i can bring sliced tomatos and cucs if nobody else has claimed that yet!! Anybody bringing fruit?

                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 7, 2011
                      we are bringing cream cheese, tomatoes and onions.