      Not perfect but made it through five years of Arabic at UD and WSU

      Early Shabbat Shalom to all

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Oct 18, 2013, at 11:05 AM, "Johanna" <rebiljoj@...> wrote:

      How wonderful!  And closer to home, BTW, Micah Naziri, directly across the street from you, Toni, is as well.  His efforts are similar, although he’s taking another approach.  It’s so wonderful seeing more and more people reaching out to each other to make peace—one human being at a time.

      Johanna

      Sent: Friday, October 18, 2013 9:17 AM
      Subject: [yellowspringshavurah] In today's NY Times

      As usual, I was reading the New York Times this morning (Friday) and as I turned the pages of the first section, I noticed a familiar face. Mori Rothman's photo is prominently featured in a very interesting story about young American Jews learning Arabic.

      For those of you who don't know Mori, he is the eldest son of good friends of ours, Randi and Jay Rothman. He grew up in Yellow Springs and now lives in Israel.

      The story is quite interesting in its own right. Len and I think that this is the first time we have ever seen someone we know in the New York Times.