VP Marketing @ CREDO (San Francisco, CA)
See bottom for info on applying:
Vice President of Marketing, CREDO San Francisco, CA
CREDO is currently seeking a strategic, resourceful, and hands-on marketing leader to serve as Vice-President of Marketing. Application instructions, including inquiries, follow at the end of this post.
Reporting to the President/CEO, this hire will oversee a comprehensive outreach plan, leading internal teams engaged in customer acquisition, renewal and retention, marketing analytics and marketing communications for CREDO's mobile cell phone service and other consumer products. The VPM will supervise and guide a team of professionals to produce outstanding communications and marketing initiatives that deliver high levels of action, membership reach and program engagement.
This individual will join the senior leadership team of a fast-moving and ambitious organization at a historically exciting time. The ideal candidate will be a tech-savvy communicator who is passionate about (and experienced with) online and offline community-building and content delivery, as well as a successful track record in acquisition marketing and digital engagement.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a creative and entrepreneurial marketing professional to join a successful organization at a critical time of growth.
Oversee the development and implementation of interactive marketing efforts including customer acquisition, renewal and retention, marketing analytics and marketing communications for CREDO's progressive membership campaigns/programs, mobile cell phone service and other consumer products. Responsibilities include:
Strategic Planning and Analysis
- Develop a clear vision for growing customer base and engaging that base to achieve strategic outcomes.
- Lead a comprehensive and efficient planning process to reach multiple audiences via various communications channels.
Marketing and Membership Activities
- Grow CREDO's member community through member campaigns, partnerships, search engine optimization and social and traditional media outlets.
- Oversee key digital communication channels (social media, blog, email and other online communications content), leading efforts to produce relevant and engaging communications to the community that result in measurable action.
- Build on existing technology platforms to increase efficiency and support data-driven decision-making.
· See ideas through to their execution, evaluating exact degrees of success or failure, and optimize successes.
Staff Management and Teamwork
- Demonstrate creativity, out of the box thinking and resourcefulness to lead team to meet ambitious growth and engagement goals.
- Lead collaborative efforts across the entire organization, especially with the program team and brand marketing team.
- Foster a positive culture of enthusiasm and excellence across the entire organization.
Prefer 8+ years of marketing experience in interactive marketing and/or membership initiatives at an innovative, fast-paced, and growing nonprofit or social enterprise organization - or, if you have built several startups and feel your five years of doing that is comparable experience, we're interested in that, too.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing interactive marketing strategies aimed at building/growing online and engaged mailing lists, ideally in a membership model.
- Strong team and staff management skills. Our marketing efforts deserve significant budgets, and you would be leading a team of more than twenty professionals.
- Creative and entrepreneurial thinker.
- Ability to develop strong copy that resonates with CREDO's base and drives action.
- Comfort with most modern communications technology platforms, e.g., email service providers, online CMS platforms, CRMs such as Salesforce; knowledge of marketing analytics and optimization for interactive channels.
- Demonstrated experience strategically applying data and analytics to drive decision-making.
- A strong belief in CREDO's mission to mobilize for progressive advocacy and politics, inspiring a drive to incorporate the very best of direct marketing.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-performing, and dynamic environment that values excellence, intelligence, and feedback.
CREDO's donations program has contributed over $72 million to progressive nonprofits. It's been the largest corporate donor to Planned Parenthood, and has greatly impacted many other progressive groups and campaigns.
Excellent benefits package; salary is $200-250/annually, depending upon experience.
To apply for CREDO's Vice President of Marketing, please send resume, cover letter expressing how your commitment to progressive values can fuel your creative marketing strategy, and at least three professional references (references not contacted until you are notified) to Jobs@....
Applications are highly confidential. Qualified candidates will be contacted. Sorry, we cannot respond to inquiries without application materials. Thanks!