Software Developer at New Organizing Institute (NOI)
(Cross-posting from another Jobs list; see link below to appy)
Benefits: Healthcare (Vision, Dental, and Health Insurance), Retirement Savings Account, Smart Benefits and Cell Phone Reimbursement
Location: Washington, DC
Position Description: The Software Developer position will be responsible for supporting NOI's internal and external software development projects. This includes the NOI Website, the Work Forward jobs platform, the Organizer's Toolbox, Rootscamp, and NOI Labs projects and infrastructure. We are looking for a motivated developer who is interested in moving the work of NOI forward through creating innovative software that will support our own staff as well as support the work of progressive organizers in the field and trainings that NOI conducts. Reports to the Lead Developer.
· Support the Lead Developer in maintaining and enhancing the main NOI Website, the Work Forward job placement platform, and additional projects such as the Rootscamp site and the Organizer's Toolbox.
· Work to build internal tools that will help facilitate the flow of our data across multiple platforms.
· Assist the Lead Developer in organizing NOI Labs meet-ups, tracking community projects, and contributing to current projects and new projects of their own conception.
· Work on additional software projects as needed, including collaboration with the Election Administration team.
Qualifications: A successful candidate for the Software Developer position will meet the following qualifications:
· Demonstrated experience developing software, preferably web applications.
· Strong initiative and self-guidance; an interest in innovating and prototyping new software projects that meet the needs of the broader NOI community of organizers.
· Experience working with Python and/or Django, or another web framework.
· Familiarity with SQL and database design.
· Knowledge of Actionkit, Salesforce, and/or other CRM/CMS platforms.
· Experience working on or volunteering for an electoral or issue based advocacy campaign or similar organization.
Application and Process: Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Testing, interviews, and the hiring decision will take place on a rolling basis.
1. Qualified applicants should submit their resume via Work Forward: http://neworganizing.com/jobs/1665
2. Applicants which meet our desired criteria will have the opportunity to complete a test to demonstrate their qualifications.
3. Based upon the applicant’s application and test results, individual interviews will be conducted and the final applicant will be selected for the position.
The New Organizing Institute Education Fund is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of our organization to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status.