- Here s a great opportunity for someone interested in operations/marketing and transportation/ridesharing. Rob Dolin Past KCYD Chair Past YDA Secretary FacebookMessage 1 of 1 , Mar 23 4:09 PMView Source
Here’s a great opportunity for someone interested in operations/marketing and transportation/ridesharing.
Past KCYD Chair
Past YDA Secretary
City General Manager
Lyft is hiring a General Manager to launch its next city. A Lyft GM is an operational workhorse and a marketing genius, a proven leader and an entrepreneurial visionary. As GM not only will you oversee launch, marketing, operations, local PR, finance and government relations, but you will also be the gatekeeper of the brand and local spokesperson for the community. We are looking at various major cities (Boston, Los Angeles, Seattle, Portland, Denver, Austin, Chicago, Philadelphia, DC, New York) so let us know if you have specific city experience or interests.
From day one as GM, you will be getting your hands dirty: hiring an all star operations team, onboarding drivers and Lyftvangelizing the next city. This is not a position for the faint of heart. We’re looking for a master executer capable of moving at 110 miles per hour; a brilliant strategist who can activate tens of thousands of users; and a passionate leader capable of guiding a small and agile team to routinely outperform expectations. The GM will be an integral member of the senior leadership team and report directly to the VP of Operations.
- Hire and manage local operations team
- Oversee all business activity in your city: operations, marketing, PR, government relations, finance and brand growth
- Manage the city’s P&L and deliver on yearly financial objectives
- Evangelize the Lyft brand and ensure successful community growth
- Collaborate with San Francisco headquarters on local market learning and product optimizations
- 5+ years of operational management or marketing experience
- Proven entrepreneurial experience
- Exceptional strategic, analytical and problem solving skills under high-pressure deadlines
- High positive energy, with a motivating leadership style
- Collaborative and creative
- Thrive in fast-paced, results-driven environment
- Analytical background and creative problem-solving ability
- Highly organized and methodical
- Excellent communication skills—written, verbal and presentation
- Friends describe you as enthusiastic, empathetic and extroverted