FW: [yda-jobs] Video Systems Administrator @ DNC (Washington, DC)
See details below:
POSTING DATE: July 28, 2011
POSITION: Video Systems Administrator
LOCATION: Washington, DC
CONTACT: Resumes should be emailed to starre@...
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
The Video Systems Administrator is an entry level position within the DNC Research Department, and will be responsible for maintaining and growing our video capture servers and one of the largest video databases in politics.
- The Administrator will handle both daily backup of broadcast media and retrieval from the archive when responding to requests.
- The Administrator will be responsible for keeping all research hardware in good working order as well as maintaining our online database & managing the implementation of key features.
- The Administrator is also responsible for monitoring our recorded programming schedule, and any upgrades to our recording program.
- When needed, the administrator may be asked to perform basic IT tasks for the Research and Communications departments.
- The Administrator will also assist the Media Archive Director with special projects, rapid response, and media monitoring tasks when needed, although this is not a primary responsibility for this position.
- Although experience with video files and the DNC’s specific recording and data programs are preferred, they are not expected nor required.
- Strong familiarity with Windows workstation troubleshooting and repair is required. Political experience, judgment and knowledge of the media are a plus.
- Experience with SQL programming would be a welcome bonus.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
Bernard Coleman III
Director of Human Resources
Democratic National Committee
430 South Capitol Street, SE
Washington, DC 20003
P Please consider the environment before printing this email.