FW: WSA is hiring!
- -----Original Message-----
From: Jason Bennett [mailto:jason@...]
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2009 10:53 AM
To: jobs@...; alumni@...;
Subject: FW: WSA is hiring!
Another job - this one in state. :)
From: Jennifer Estroff [mailto:jenniferestroff@...]
Sent: Saturday, November 28, 2009 7:54 PM
To: IDF Listserv
Subject: WSA is hiring!
Hi, IDF Friends!
I wanted to send this out to all you talented folks. If you're looking to
get involved in higher education advocacy, or just play a part in this
year's legislative session, this is the gig for you!
Sent by Jennifer Estroff via BlackBerry by Jenniferestroff@...
From: Mike Bogatay <ed@...>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 23:21:55
Subject: WSA is hiring!
WSA is excited to announce the we are now taking applications for an
Organizing Director. Please forward this on to any potential candidates in
your network. Details are as follows:
The Washington Student Association (WSA) is seeking a full-time Organizing
Director to lead our statewide campaign against continued reductions in
state support for public colleges and universities. The ideal candidate has
experience in grassroots organizing campaigns and knowledge of state
budgeting processes. He or she will be committed to developing the skills of
student organizers on WSA member campuses to effectively carryout
coordinated mobilization efforts statewide. This position requires a highly
motivated and well-organized individual capable of getting results with
This is an excellent opportunity to engage with energetic student leaders,
travel throughout Washington, and create positive change in the lives of
students and their families. The position will report to the Executive
Director and be based in Olympia with travel requirements across the state.
The employment period for this position is the 2010 Washington State
Legislative Session with the possibility of transitioning into a permanent
position upon completion responsibilities and a satisfactory performance
About the Washington Student Association
The WSA is a student lead non-profit organization that represents the voice
of over 120,000 students through 13 student governments at colleges and
universities within Washington State. Our mission is to involve students in
higher education issues, influence decision-making, and participate in the
implementation of higher education policy. As the recognized student voice
of Washington State we strive to represent the collective interests of
students and maintain an affordable, accessible, and world class higher
The Organizing Director will be responsible for the following:
· Directing the implementation of WSA's Action Plan at on campuses
across the state
· Providing supervision and training for student campus organizers and
volunteers in the implementation of Action Plan
· Track statewide numbers for volunteer hours/activities and student
· Maintain WSA's online constituent relations database, Democracy in
· Work with the Executive Director and current membership to implement
WSA's new-membership recruitment plan
· Lead efforts in planning of next steps for the Action Plan
The Washington Student Association seeks an outgoing, high-energy, and
results-oriented person who excels in building relationships and motivating
others to action. The Organizing Director will have:
· A relevant bachelors degree
· A demonstrated commitment to working on issues of social justice and
· Proven abilities to recruit, train, and manage teams of volunteers to
carry out grassroots campaigns
· Comprehension of and ability to educate others on legislative
· Experience in management of multiple projects with mandatory
· Proficient skills in use of Microsoft Office Suite and ability to
quickly learn new software
The following are a plus, but not requirements:
· Prior experience with Apple computers (Mac OS X)
· Knowledge of governance structures within public higher education
· Previous work experience with a statewide student association
· Background in communications with media
Salary & Employment Period
$7,000 for 3-month contract, January 1st through March 31st, 2010.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, and two letters of recommendation to
WSA.OD.search@... <mailto:WSA.OD.search@...> by December 14,
2009. Late and/or incomplete submissions will not be considered.
WSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Washington Student Association
Office: (360) 786-1139
Cell: (253) 678-7349
"There are no ordinary moments." - Dan Millman