FW: [idf-alumni] Job: Marketing and Development Manager
From: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] On Behalf Of Maria Elena Gonzales
Sent: Friday, March 31, 2006 10:21 AM
Subject: [idf-alumni] Job: Marketing and Development Manager
LEV Foundation is hiring its first Marketing and Development Manager. The ideal candidate will be passionate about students and schools, and have leadership-level experience in cause-related marketing and nonprofit fundraising. He or she will also have expertise in branding, cultivating relationships with major donors and corporations. The Marketing and Development Manager position is ¾ time with a possibility for full-time work as the position develops. The Manager will work closely with agency leadership to plan, execute and evaluate marketing and fundraising efforts.
The League of Education Voters Foundation is a charitable, non-profit 501(c)3 organization dedicated to making Washington's preschools, public schools, and colleges the best in the nation. We are a non-partisan organization continually seeking opportunities to inform and engage the public on education issues. We are a resource for credible, relevant information about education at all levels in Washington, highlighting best practices and animating everyday citizens, with a special focus on parents and education stakeholders, policy makers, and the press.
LEV Foundation staff are dedicated and respected in the field; we conduct our work in partnership with other advocates and stakeholders. LEV Foundation values innovation, professional excellence and coalition-building. Visit www.levfoundation.org to learn more about the organization, and www.educationvoters.org to learn about our sister organization, the League of Education Voters.
• Manage a branding process for LEV
• Create and implement a communications plan to raise the visibility of the organization
• Coordinate fundraising efforts of staff and volunteers, including mailings and proposals
• Create, update and track progress on fundraising plan
• Identify and cultivate foundation, corporate and individual donors
• Identify and secure media opportunities
• Work closely with the board on fundraising activities, including house parties and cultivating major donors
• Create, plan and coordinate fundraising events, including corporate sponsorships
• Create and maintain systems for tracking donations and grants
This position requires a strong communicator who thinks creatively, works well in a fast-paced environment, and tracks multiple projects with ease. LEV Foundation is in an exciting time of transition: we are growing from a largely foundation-supported organization to a more diverse base of support, and we are rapidly raising our visibility with key players in the education community in Washington State. Candidates must have the capability to develop and cultivate relationships with senior staff, corporate executives, government officials and influential individuals. Exemplary writing skills, along with outstanding communications and relationship-building skills are essential. A demonstrated competency to understand and accurately synthesize complex public policy issues and research is required.
Candidates should possess these qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• Experience in a leadership role in marketing, public relations, fundraising, sales, and/or communications
• Excellent writing skills with a knack for detail and polish
• Aptitude or experience in event planning
• Proficiency in Internet communication technologies and MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
The League of Education Voters is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter explaining how you meet the qualifications for this position, with your resume and two references to:
Cherise Khaund, Associate Executive Director
League of Education Voters
PO Box 1727
Seattle WA 98111