exporting orders

  • mrsascouponorganizer
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 8, 2006
      Our site takes orders, but shipping is done from an order fulfillment
      house. We would like to automate this process but small business isn't
      big on automation. Ideally, all orders from the day, cleared by
      paymentech, would download in the UPS mass mailing format used by our
      shippers, they'd ship, and return us a file with UPS tracking numbers
      to upload to our store to update customer orders.

      Any leads on how to do this?
    • Jim Hollomon
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 8, 2006
        At 21:26 3/8/2006, you wrote:
        Our site takes orders, but shipping is done from an order fulfillment
        house. We would like to automate this process but small business isn't
        big on automation. Ideally, all orders from the day, cleared by
        paymentech, would download in the UPS mass mailing format used by our
        shippers, they'd ship, and return us a file with UPS tracking numbers
        to upload to our store to update customer orders.

        Any leads on how to do this?

        I don't know who has this built into an order management package, but you could try the followingThey provide order management packages for the Yahoo Store.

        Good luck.

        Jim Hollomon, Web Developer, ET Productions
        59-6 Commercial Wharf East, Boston, MA 02110
        Boston Office 800-448-6399, Local 617-723-3339, Fax: 617-723-7557
        Virginia Beach Office: 757-495-2771
        We build web sites that build net profits.

      • Barney Stone
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 9, 2006
          The Stone Edge Order Manager (www.StoneEdge.com/OrderManager.htm) should be able to handle that for you, plus a lot more. It can import orders from Yahoo, process credit cards thru Paymentech, if needed, export fulfillment info into a user-configured text file (or email it directly), import tracking data from a text file, and send tracking data back to Yahoo. For more information, feel free to give us a call at 215-641-1837.

          - Barney Stone, President
            Stone Edge Technologies, Inc.
            215-641-1837  ext. 111

            Join us at the Stone Edge Users Conference, May 20 & 21st, 2006

            Save a Tech Support call - check out our online Knowledge Base!

          http://www.stoneedge.com/help

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 9, 2006
            We developed a back-end system for one of our customers that is using
            3rd party remote fulfillment center. We did it by using the real-time
            order processing mechanism. When order arrives, an XML request
            activates a module that puts the data in MySQL DB. Our application
            enables the center (via secured web access) to manage the order
            (print, status modification, shipping, etc.)

            Coby
            www.4psite.com