Two new social patterns

  • Christian Crumlish
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 16, 2009

      presence-patterns.png

      We just published two new social patterns in a new category, called Presence (under People), in the Yahoo! Design Pattern Library. The two patterns are Availability and Updates.

      These two patterns emerged from the work of many Yahoos. The Availability pattern is derived from the work of ex-Yahoo Matte Scheinker and the Messenger team, and the Updates pattern leans heavily on the work of Barry Crane and the Vitality platform team.

      It's not always easy pairing social patterns with useful code examples or resources but with Updates I'm excited that we're able to offer crosslinks to three relevant Yahoo! APIs (UpdatesMeme, and MyBlogLog) and an emerging open Atom extension (Activity Streams).

      Likewise, for Availability we've got a code link to the Yahoo! Status API.

      We always hope for feedback on patterns, here or in the forums for the various pattern categories (in this case, social patterns).

      ---xian

      --
      christian
      crumlish

      pattern recognizer design.yahoo.com
      xian@... 415-672-5759
       701 first avenue, sunnyvale, ca, 94089-0703, us