Seeking Help with Yahoo!'s Pattern Library - Job Opening

  • erin malone
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2006
      I have a really important and interesting position on my team here at
      Yahoo! This position is a result of an internal transfer to another
      role which opens up great opportunities for you!

      Rather than post the full long bulletted list of the job description I
      have presented here a brief overview of the role in the hopes that the
      excitement that I feel about the role comes through. Please feel free
      to ping me for the full description or if you have questions or if you
      want to send me resume.

      ABOUT THE TEAM - PLATFORM DESIGN
      Platform Design at Yahoo! supports the Platform Products Group and is
      responsible for the development of NETWORK standards, the PATTERN
      Libraries, solutions and components for the UI WIDGET Library, for the
      PERSONALIZATION platform, for intertwining COMMUNITY across the
      network and for MEMBERSHIP touchpoints across the network. Our team
      consists of Interaction Designers, Visual Designers, User Researchers
      and Developers. Team members work closely with other cross
      functional people from Product Management, Marketing, Engineering, QA,
      and others across the company.

      THE JOB:
      CURATE THE YAHOO! PATTERN LIBRARY
      Yahoo!'s Platform User Experience Design team is looking for a new
      curator for the Pattern Library. The curator works with designers from
      across Yahoo! to develop new patterns and to eventually migrate a
      pattern to the public library. You will be responsible for spotting
      trends in the designs of our properties, for designing and crafting
      new additions to the library and for evangelizing the authorship of
      new patterns among your Interaction Designer colleagues.
      You will partner with our Platform Presentation Engineering team to
      create interactions and best practices that accompany the UI Widget
      Library. Additionally, you will own the external Public Pattern
      Library and develop the pattern lifecycle from internal to external
      libraries. And last but not least, you will be the spearhead and
      driver for a new addition to our Library suite - a new Terms Library
      and will work closely with our internal editorial team.

      Please respond to me directly with resume and links to work.
      Reference Job # RX1000017268

      thanks

      Erin Malone