Re: Pending aproval status?

  • Andy
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 15, 2007
      Nope...

      I'm kinda thinking the plugin system for non commercial plugins is
      dead... maybe it wasn't as big a success as they had hoped? It
      doesn't look like plugins are included in the new Vista version so
      maybe plugins will die with v8

      When you look at the message stats for this group they stopped quite
      abruptly, I have thought about contacting the moderators directly but
      figured if they are too busy to post here then probably too busy to
      approve plugins :)

      When you submit applications under different categories they are
      approved within days e.g:

      http://gallery.yahoo.com/dev/e515a802e4ba1af14705442e3ecd8bd3

      I've submitted applications under BBauth and Flickr. I know that
      plugins require a bit more work in setting them up... maybe if your
      plugin is one you host yourself they are approved quicker? There have
      been one or two yahoo own plugins added lately... it's 29 days since
      I submitted mine.. I've updated the plugin since then so even if it
      gets approved I would have to submit again with the updated version :D
      infact I've got updates to both my other plugins (YEmote and Spoken
      status alert) that I've not updated to the gallery because the
      downtime is unknown :(

      I wish Yahoo! would implement a system where users can install
      multiple 'test' plugins and enable them to start automatically.. even
      if it displays warning messages to the user. I think many more plugins
      would evolve better this way from establishing a small user base
      before ironing out bugs etc to a point where it's submitted.

      - Andy :)

      ( www.wackyb.co.nz )

      --- In ydn-messenger@yahoogroups.com, Jon Bastin <jdbastin@...> wrote:

      > Any luck yet? I have been waiting over two months for
      > approval. Kind of killed my user base.
    • Gerald W. Gaston
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 19, 2008
        --- In ydn-messenger@yahoogroups.com, "Andy" <bee@...> wrote:

        > Nope...
        >
        > I'm kinda thinking the plugin system for non commercial plugins is
        > dead... maybe it wasn't as big a success as they had hoped? It
        > doesn't look like plugins are included in the new Vista version so
        > maybe plugins will die with v8

        Well plugin appear to have made it into v9.

        I see that we can still not submit plugins though. Have any of you had
        you plugins approved this year?