Re: Pending aproval status?

  • jorgeapereyra82
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 14, 2007
      --- In ydn-messenger@yahoogroups.com, Jon Bastin <jdbastin@...>
      wrote:

      > Any luck yet? I have been waiting over two months for
      > approval. Kind of killed my user base.
      >

      > --- Andy <bee@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > Just wondered if there is an update to the approval
      > > process? it's been
      > > over two weeks since I submitted a plugin, it didn't
      > > use any activex
      > > or other features that require a longer test period.
      > >
      > > What is the current average time for a plugin to be
      > > shown on the gallery?
      > >
      > > - Andy

    • Andy
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 15, 2007
        Nope...

        I'm kinda thinking the plugin system for non commercial plugins is
        dead... maybe it wasn't as big a success as they had hoped? It
        doesn't look like plugins are included in the new Vista version so
        maybe plugins will die with v8

        When you look at the message stats for this group they stopped quite
        abruptly, I have thought about contacting the moderators directly but
        figured if they are too busy to post here then probably too busy to
        approve plugins :)

        When you submit applications under different categories they are
        approved within days e.g:

        http://gallery.yahoo.com/dev/e515a802e4ba1af14705442e3ecd8bd3

        I've submitted applications under BBauth and Flickr. I know that
        plugins require a bit more work in setting them up... maybe if your
        plugin is one you host yourself they are approved quicker? There have
        been one or two yahoo own plugins added lately... it's 29 days since
        I submitted mine.. I've updated the plugin since then so even if it
        gets approved I would have to submit again with the updated version :D
        infact I've got updates to both my other plugins (YEmote and Spoken
        status alert) that I've not updated to the gallery because the
        downtime is unknown :(

        I wish Yahoo! would implement a system where users can install
        multiple 'test' plugins and enable them to start automatically.. even
        if it displays warning messages to the user. I think many more plugins
        would evolve better this way from establishing a small user base
        before ironing out bugs etc to a point where it's submitted.

        - Andy :)

        ( www.wackyb.co.nz )

        --- In ydn-messenger@yahoogroups.com, Jon Bastin <jdbastin@...> wrote:

        > Any luck yet? I have been waiting over two months for
        > approval. Kind of killed my user base.
      • Gerald W. Gaston
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 19, 2008
          --- In ydn-messenger@yahoogroups.com, "Andy" <bee@...> wrote:

          > Nope...
          >
          > I'm kinda thinking the plugin system for non commercial plugins is
          > dead... maybe it wasn't as big a success as they had hoped? It
          > doesn't look like plugins are included in the new Vista version so
          > maybe plugins will die with v8

          Well plugin appear to have made it into v9.

          I see that we can still not submit plugins though. Have any of you had
          you plugins approved this year?