Pending aproval status?

  • Andy
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1 5:21 PM
      Hi,

      Just wondered if there is an update to the approval process? it's been
      over two weeks since I submitted a plugin, it didn't use any activex
      or other features that require a longer test period.

      What is the current average time for a plugin to be shown on the gallery?

      - Andy
    • Jon Bastin
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 14 5:13 PM
        Any luck yet? I have been waiting over two months for
        approval. Kind of killed my user base.

        --- Andy <bee@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > Just wondered if there is an update to the approval
        > process? it's been
        > over two weeks since I submitted a plugin, it didn't
        > use any activex
        > or other features that require a longer test period.
        >
        > What is the current average time for a plugin to be
        > shown on the gallery?
        >
        > - Andy

      • jorgeapereyra82
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 14 5:32 PM
          --- In ydn-messenger@yahoogroups.com, Jon Bastin <jdbastin@...>
          wrote:

          > Any luck yet? I have been waiting over two months for
          > approval. Kind of killed my user base.
          >

          > --- Andy <bee@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > Just wondered if there is an update to the approval
          > > process? it's been
          > > over two weeks since I submitted a plugin, it didn't
          > > use any activex
          > > or other features that require a longer test period.
          > >
          > > What is the current average time for a plugin to be
          > > shown on the gallery?
          > >
          > > - Andy

        • Andy
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 15 12:29 AM
            Nope...

            I'm kinda thinking the plugin system for non commercial plugins is
            dead... maybe it wasn't as big a success as they had hoped? It
            doesn't look like plugins are included in the new Vista version so
            maybe plugins will die with v8

            When you look at the message stats for this group they stopped quite
            abruptly, I have thought about contacting the moderators directly but
            figured if they are too busy to post here then probably too busy to
            approve plugins :)

            When you submit applications under different categories they are
            approved within days e.g:

            http://gallery.yahoo.com/dev/e515a802e4ba1af14705442e3ecd8bd3

            I've submitted applications under BBauth and Flickr. I know that
            plugins require a bit more work in setting them up... maybe if your
            plugin is one you host yourself they are approved quicker? There have
            been one or two yahoo own plugins added lately... it's 29 days since
            I submitted mine.. I've updated the plugin since then so even if it
            gets approved I would have to submit again with the updated version :D
            infact I've got updates to both my other plugins (YEmote and Spoken
            status alert) that I've not updated to the gallery because the
            downtime is unknown :(

            I wish Yahoo! would implement a system where users can install
            multiple 'test' plugins and enable them to start automatically.. even
            if it displays warning messages to the user. I think many more plugins
            would evolve better this way from establishing a small user base
            before ironing out bugs etc to a point where it's submitted.

            - Andy :)

            ( www.wackyb.co.nz )

            --- In ydn-messenger@yahoogroups.com, Jon Bastin <jdbastin@...> wrote:

            > Any luck yet? I have been waiting over two months for
            > approval. Kind of killed my user base.
          • Gerald W. Gaston
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 19, 2008
              --- In ydn-messenger@yahoogroups.com, "Andy" <bee@...> wrote:

              > Nope...
              >
              > I'm kinda thinking the plugin system for non commercial plugins is
              > dead... maybe it wasn't as big a success as they had hoped? It
              > doesn't look like plugins are included in the new Vista version so
              > maybe plugins will die with v8

              Well plugin appear to have made it into v9.

              I see that we can still not submit plugins though. Have any of you had
              you plugins approved this year?