Invoking java applet from plugin

  • Manoj Yogi
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2006
      Hi all,

      I have some queries regarding the plugin which I am developing. Actually I want to tap in the conversation of the users and then I want to parse the text and do some semantic processing on it. For this, I have built the logic using a java applet.

      i) My query is can I invoke this java applet from inside plugin application? I wont display the java applet. Basically it will be invisible but I want to forward the typed texts to this applet and do some processing. Is this possible. If not possible, is there any method by which I can operate on the typed text?

      ii) I am using two instances of YM for testing the conversation plugin. The plugin works if I test it with these two instances. I tried this with my friend who was online. I requested him to accept the plugin but he said that he did not get  the invite.  He was using the latest version 8.1 but still this was the problem. My question is  why he  could not see the invite?  How can I make it working with other online friend?

      Thanks
      Manoj

    • Jon Bastin
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2006
        Manoj, just embed a 1x1 applet into the main HTML page
        of the plugin. Then you can reference the applet
        methods from your Javascript methods to do the parsing
        via something like a
        document.appletname.parseYourText. Also, in reverse
        you can use the JSObject if you need the applet to
        call any of your Javascript methods. I hope that
        helps.

        Jon

        --- Manoj Yogi <mn_yogi2003@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > I have some queries regarding the plugin which I am
        > developing. Actually I want to tap in the
        > conversation of the users and then I want to parse
        > the text and do some semantic processing on it. For
        > this, I have built the logic using a java applet.
        >
        > i) My query is can I invoke this java applet from
        > inside plugin application? I wont display the java
        > applet. Basically it will be invisible but I want to
        > forward the typed texts to this applet and do some
        > processing. Is this possible. If not possible, is
        > there any method by which I can operate on the typed
        > text?
        >

        > ii) I am using two instances of YM for testing the
        > conversation plugin. The plugin works if I test it
        > with these two instances. I tried this with my
        > friend who was online. I requested him to accept the
        > plugin but he said that he did not get the invite.
        > He was using the latest version 8.1 but still this
        > was the problem. My question is why he could not
        > see the invite? How can I make it working with
        > other online friend?
        >
        > Thanks
        > Manoj

        > beta.
        > http://new.mail.yahoo.com

        Want to start your own business?
        Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.
        http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/r-index
      • Manoj Yogi
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2006
          Thanks a ton Jon, I will surely try to implement these things in the plug-in.

          Manoj