Re: Which is the primary identity (aka profile \ alias)

  • jdunning
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2006
      --- In ydn-messenger@yahoogroups.com, "n7n8n7n8" <n7n8n7n8@...> wrote:
      > I guess the exact number of percentage of Messenger users that use
      > multiple identities is not published by Yahoo (If it is, I will be
      > happy to know where), but in terms of what you can tell, can u
      define
      > a range for it (0-1%, 0-20% ? ) etc. ?

      I don't have the exact numbers, but I seem to recall it being well
      under 50%.

      > This is really crucial for what I do, so any hint will help.

      What are you trying to do that requires knowing if a user has signed
      in with their primary identity?

      John
    • n7n8n7n8
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 2, 2006

        > I don't have the exact numbers, but I seem to recall it being well
        > under 50%.

        Thanks for the information.

        > What are you trying to do that requires knowing if a user has signed
        > in with their primary identity?

        I keep data which is a relevant to a person, and not how is
        impressionates when connected to network, so the profile is irrelevant.
        As I wrote, I found out how to do it using the protocol, but I prefer
        using API.

        10x for your help.