Yahoo! Address Book API released

  • Ryan Kennedy
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 4, 2008
      I know you've all been waiting for this for a VERY long time. I'm happy to say that the Yahoo!
      Address Book Web Service is now available for public consumption:

      http://developer.yahoo.com/addressbook/

      People have been asking me for this since the day we released the Yahoo! Mail Web Service.
      So have at it and mash to your heart's delights.

      Ryan Kennedy
    • Iain Shigeoka
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 5, 2008
        Congratulations and thanks for rolling this out!

        -iain

        On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 10:12 PM, Ryan Kennedy <rckenned@...> wrote:
        > I know you've all been waiting for this for a VERY long time. I'm happy to
        > say that the Yahoo!
        > Address Book Web Service is now available for public consumption:
        >
        > http://developer.yahoo.com/addressbook/
        >
        > People have been asking me for this since the day we released the Yahoo!
        > Mail Web Service.
        > So have at it and mash to your heart's delights.
        >
        > Ryan Kennedy

      • Ryan Kennedy
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 5, 2008
          I should also point out that there's a ydn-addressbook Yahoo! Group
          where people can gather to talk/ask questions about the Yahoo! Address
          Book Web Service:

          Ryan Kennedy
          Technical Yahoo!
          rckenned@...
        • Tsahi Asher
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 7, 2008
            --- In ydn-mail@yahoogroups.com, "Ryan Kennedy" <rckenned@...> wrote:

            > I know you've all been waiting for this for a VERY long time. I'm
            happy to say that the Yahoo!
            > Address Book Web Service is now available for public consumption:
            >
            > http://developer.yahoo.com/addressbook/
            >
            > People have been asking me for this since the day we released the
            Yahoo! Mail Web Service.
            > So have at it and mash to your heart's delights.
            >
            > Ryan Kennedy

            why not release the service as SOAP, as the rest of the mail API? if
            you are releasing it as XML, you could at least release it as XML-RPC,
            where people could easily parse it with ready-made libraries.

            tsahi
          • Ryan Kennedy
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 8, 2008
              On Jun 7, 2008, at 1:57 PM, Tsahi Asher wrote:
              > why not release the service as SOAP, as the rest of the mail API? if
              > you are releasing it as XML, you could at least release it as XML-RPC,
              > where people could easily parse it with ready-made libraries.

              The services were built by two different teams at two different times.
              Not using that as a good excuse (I think it's pretty sad that we don't
              have a more "unified" web service interface for our services), just
              explaining why the two look so different.

              You can always ask the Address Book team:

              Ryan Kennedy
              Technical Yahoo!
              rckenned@...