Re: Yahoo Mail API commercial contact

  • Russell
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2007
      I can't comment on Yahoo's position on this but the API exists to grab
      the metadata and the data of a message and recreate it an application.
      There are a few applications out there that use it today. webmail
      for thunderbird is an example.

      --- In ydn-mail@yahoogroups.com, "modoguru" <modoguru@...> wrote:

      > From my read of the posts to this list, the upcoming Yahoo Mail API
      > will not permit retrieval of individual messages for Free Yahoo Mail
      > users unless the developer has a business relationship with Yahoo. Is
      > that correct? Who is in charge of developing those relationships on
      > the Yahoo side?

    • modoguru
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 15, 2007
        --- In ydn-mail@yahoogroups.com, "rckenned_at_work" <rckenned@...>
        wrote:

        > > From my read of the posts to this list, the upcoming Yahoo Mail
        API
        > > will not permit retrieval of individual messages for Free Yahoo
        Mail
        > > users unless the developer has a business relationship with
        Yahoo. Is
        > > that correct? Who is in charge of developing those relationships
        on
        > > the Yahoo side?
        >
        > The API we'll be offering through the Yahoo! Developer Network is a
        > non-commercial API. Signing up for access will allow you to build
        > applications that can access a user's Yahoo! Mail account. If the
        user
        > is a free user, you'll only be able to access a limited amount of
        > data. If the user is a premium user (broadband partner, Yahoo! Mail
        > Plus, etc), then you'll be able to access everything.
        >
        > As for commercial terms, we don't have anything in place at the
        moment
        > but we are doing some investigations. If you'd like, I can have
        > someone get in contact with you.
        >
        > Ryan Kennedy
        > Yahoo! Mail

        Yes, Ryan. Please have someone get in touch with me. Best contact
        info is Mark Marriott 310-415-3349 modoguru@... (watch out
        for the whitelist filter response)