Re: SearchMessages Error Without Error Message

  • Ryan Kennedy
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 13, 2007
      --- In ydn-mail@yahoogroups.com, "Wayne" <wayne@...> wrote:
      > Might Want To Give The "infamous Client.999 error" some InnerText to
      > <faultstring> so that it shows up in .NET as an error. Also, it
      > would be nice if it told you what abuse criterial you hit, so you
      > could redesign.

      Yeah, so I've been pushing internally to get anybody who understands
      the limits to publish them (totally...not...bitter). Evidently that's
      hard to do.

      > I thought I saw some type of documentation about how the abuse system
      > worked and what they levels were, however I can't find it now -- do
      > you have a link? Is it API calls per 24 hours, or call per second?

      I don't think we ever posted anything.

      > If I group the mids up for the DeleteMessage, would that be one call
      > or X calls when I have X mids?

      It's just one call. So if you're doing a lot of one-off deletes, you
      might be better off queuing up the operations and sending them as a
      larger chunk at once, assuming that's not overly difficult in your app
      (for webapps, that's nontrivial).

      Ryan Kennedy
      Yahoo! Mail Web Service