Error Deleting Messages

  • paultackett
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2007
      Some times when I try to delete a message I get a code 321 - Stale
      message ID. I am trying to figure out what this means and what can I
      do to delete the message. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    • Ryan Kennedy
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2007
        --- In ydn-mail@yahoogroups.com, "paultackett" <paultackett@...> wrote:

        > Some times when I try to delete a message I get a code 321 - Stale
        > message ID. I am trying to figure out what this means and what can I
        > do to delete the message. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

        Stale message ID means that the message ID you've given to us has
        "expired". Message IDs aren't currently immutable. They're prone to
        change after certain events. We're working on changing that, but I'm
        not sure what the timeframe is for that change.

        So if you're caching message IDs in your application, this may be the
        cause of the error.

        Ryan Kennedy
        Yahoo! Mail Web Service