loging in Yahoo mail using PERL API

  • jazzy_gill
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2007
      Hi,
      Is there a way to access Yahoo Mail with PERL API,, but log in using
      a PERL script? I want my users to save their yahoo mail login info in a
      db and then whenver they need to check mail or send mail my script will
      login using their info? I'm not sure if Yahoo would let me do that but
      just curious. I tried using a few modues off of CPAN but they didn't
      really work. If the API don't support it then I'm back to writing a
      spider.
      Thanks
    • Ryan Kennedy
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2007
        --- In ydn-mail@yahoogroups.com, "jazzy_gill" <jazzy_gill@...> wrote:

        > Is there a way to access Yahoo Mail with PERL API,, but log in using
        > a PERL script? I want my users to save their yahoo mail login info in a
        > db and then whenver they need to check mail or send mail my script will
        > login using their info?

        The authentication mechanism doesn't support doing that.

        http://developer.yahoo.com/auth/

        While you technically can do what you're proposing with BBAuth, I
        believe you'd be violating the terms of service.

        Ryan Kennedy
        Yahoo! Mail Web Service