Setting the selected color in the color picker widget

  • derek fong
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 19, 2006

      I just started playing with the color picker and figured out how to
      change the initial starting values of the color picker, but I can't
      seem to figure out how to set the color picker so that it starts at
      some preset value. (e.g., After submitting a form, this would be
      useful for setting the color picker to the last color that the user
      selected if there were any validation errors that forced the user
      back to the form for corrections.)

      Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated!

      -f

      --
      Derek Fong
      Web Application Developer

      "Mistakes are the portals of discovery." --James Joyce
      >> GPG key/fingerprint available upon request <<
    • vividsilvernl
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 16, 2006
        I too would like to set the color to a first value other than FFFFFF.
        I've adjusted the original code to set a starting color, but then the
        top and left starting value (border) of the selection area is
        automatically set to the new value.

        It looks like this is a default behaviour and that the value can only
        be changed by using the DOM interface.

        Did you made any progress Derek?

        Thanks in advance!

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, derek fong <derek_fong_ca@...>

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 17, 2006
          I have fixed it. No help needed anymore.

          Maurice.

          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "vividsilvernl" <yahoo@...>
          wrote:

          > I too would like to set the color to a first value other than
          FFFFFF.
          > I've adjusted the original code to set a starting color, but then
          the
          > top and left starting value (border) of the selection area is
          > automatically set to the new value.
          >
          > It looks like this is a default behaviour and that the value can
          only
          > be changed by using the DOM interface.
          >
          > Did you made any progress Derek?
          >
          > Thanks in advance!
          >
          > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, derek fong <derek_fong_ca@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > I just started playing with the color picker and figured out how
          > > change the initial starting values of the color picker, but I
          > can't
          > > seem to figure out how to set the color picker so that it starts
          > at
          > > some preset value. (e.g., After submitting a form, this would
          be
          > > useful for setting the color picker to the last color that the
          > user
          > > selected if there were any validation errors that forced the
          user
          > > back to the form for corrections.)
          > >
          > > Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated!
          > >
          > > -f
          > >

          > > --
          > > Derek Fong
          > > Web Application Developer
          > > subtitle designs inc. <http://www.subtitled.com/>
          > >
          > > "Mistakes are the portals of discovery." --James Joyce

        • Mike Watts
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 31, 2006
            Maurice,

            Can you post your solution?