autocomplete

  • t2ornado
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 21, 2007
      Can any one help me in autocomplete values coming from mysql database.
      I am a newbie in Ajax and YUI.

      Thanks for help
    • Nate Koechley
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 21, 2007
        Hey t2ornado,

        The AutoComplete examples show how to work with many different data sources.
        Instead of doing everything at once, perhaps start with a plain text data
        source (a JavaScript array), and build from there. Here's an example of
        that:
        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/autocomplete/states_jsarray.html

        Here are all the examples:
        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/autocomplete/

        If you need more step-by-step instructions, please start here:
        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/autocomplete/#start

        Thanks
        Nate

      • alidadnsi
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 6, 2007
          hi, I'm total understand how the autocomplete with quantity works. But
          when i tried to change code by not show quantity from autocomplete, is
          does not working. Does anyone know how i can disable that quantity from
          Autocomplete!

          please help thanks.

          AM
        • alidadnsi
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 6, 2007
            Yes I have red that part but i could not find solution how can i
            change it. please take look the link at
            http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/autocomplete/ac_ysearch_flat.h
            tml and as you can see on 3rd text filed where it said "sample search
            zero sec. query delay)... i have been study those code and in .js
            files too but could not find of which part to change and disable
            quantity in search filed.

            please help me.

            AM

            --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Nate Koechley" <natek@...>
            wrote:

            > Hey t2ornado,
            >
            > The AutoComplete examples show how to work with many different data
            sources.
            > Instead of doing everything at once, perhaps start with a plain
            text data
            > source (a JavaScript array), and build from there. Here's an
            example of
            > that:

            http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/autocomplete/states_jsarray.ht
            ml

            > Here are all the examples:
            > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/autocomplete/
            >
            > If you need more step-by-step instructions, please start here:
            > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/autocomplete/#start
            >
            > Thanks
            > Nate

          • Eric Miraglia
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 7, 2007
              AM,

              I'm not sure I fully understand your question, but there are a couple of things to remember about AutoComplete data:

              1.  Because you're using an XHR-based DataSource, the server will decide how many results to send back to the client.  You should tune your server to send back no more results than you need, because you don't want to transmit and process unnecessary data.

              2.  AutoComplete can be configured to display only the first n results returned from the server using the configuration property maxResultsDisplayed.

              Regards,
              Eric

              Eric Miraglia
              Yahoo! User Interface Library

              wrote:

              > Hey t2ornado,
              >
              > The AutoComplete examples show how to work with many different data
              sources.
              > Instead of doing everything at once, perhaps start with a plain
              text data
              > source (a JavaScript array), and build from there. Here's an
              example of
              > that:

              http://developer. yahoo.com/ yui/examples/ autocomplete/ states_jsarray. ht
              ml

              > Here are all the examples:
              > http://developer. yahoo.com/ yui/examples/ autocomplete/
              >
              > If you need more step-by-step instructions, please start here:
              > http://developer. yahoo.com/ yui/autocomplete /#start
              >
              > Thanks
              > Nate

            • bahalul kabir
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 31, 2009
                Does auto complete take only 10 element? is it restriction?
                for example, I have value
                $auto_complete='"k1","k2","k3","k4","k5","k6","k7","k8","k9","k10","k11","k12","k13","k14"';

                its only show  k1 to k10

                How can I get all the element?

                Thank you
                kabir

              • viruschidai
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 1, 2009

                  You can set the number you like to display by setting the Autocomplete object's maxResultsDisplayed.

                  example:

                  var myAutoComp = new YAHOO.widget.AutoComplete("myInput","myContainer", myDataSource);
                  myAutoComp.maxResultsDisplayed = 20;

                  regards,
                  Bill

                  --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, bahalul kabir <bahar_aub@...> wrote:

                  > Does auto complete take only 10 element? is it restriction?
                  > for example, I have value
                  > $auto_complete='"k1","k2","k3","k4","k5","k6","k7","k8","k9","k10","k11","k12","k13","k14"';
                  >
                  > its only show  k1 to k10
                  >
                  > How can I get all the element?
                  >
                  > Thank you
                  > kabir