Re: [ydn-javascript] Re: YAHOO.util.Scroll using "by" instead of "to"?

  • Matt Sweeney
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 17, 2006
      Hi Vineet,

      If you dont want to animate one of the axes, use the current scroll offset for that axis:

         var el = document.getElementById('some-id');

         var scroll_attribute = {
            to: [
               el.scrollLeft,  // maintain current scrollLeft
               200
            ]
         };

         var anim = new YAHOO.util.Scroll(el, { 'scroll': scroll_attribute }, 2);
         anim.animate();

      Matt

      vineetb wrote:
      Is it possible to keep y-axis the same (if the user has scrolled manually) and just move the
      x-axis? And vice-versa?

      Perhaps some way to get the scroll attributes and use that instead of 0?

      Thanks for the awesome library. We are using this in our enterprise-wide portal
      application.

      - vineet

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Matt Sweeney <msweeney@...> wrote:

      Hi sirshannon,

      Thanks for pointing this out.  There is an issue with relative scrolling
      that will be addressed in the next build.

      For now you can simulate by doing something like:

      // horizontal ScrollBy
         var anim = new YAHOO.util.Scroll('scroll', { scroll: { by: [100, 0] }
      }, 1, YAHOO.util.Easing.easeOut);

         var scrollBy = function() {
            var el = anim.getEl();

            anim.attributes.scroll = {
               from: [el.scrollLeft, 0],
               to: [el.scrollLeft + anim.attributes.scroll.by[0], 0],
               by: anim.attributes.scroll.by

         anim.onStart.subscribe(scrollBy);

      Matt

      sirshannon wrote:

      Reading the API docs, I thought that you can scroll "by" a value as
      well as "to" a value:

      'Each attribute is an object with at minimum a "to" or "by" member
      defined'

      I have not been able to find a way to scroll by a pixel amount using
      attributes like   { scroll: { by: [0,-20] } }  (NOT REAL CODE, I've
      tried many ways and none worked so I can't really post any relevant
      non-working code, every way I tried failed).

      Is this possible?

      (scrolling "to" works fine as shown in the examples and docs)

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      Yahoo! Groups Links

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/