Re: [ydn-javascript] Dialog

  • Eric Miraglia
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 15, 2006
      visseraj,

      You're correct that it's not in the library today; and, like you, we
      see a need for it. We expect to include that as part of a future
      release. While we're not committing to dates at this point, this is
      definitely something we see as important.

      -Eric

      On Feb 15, 2006, at 6:52 PM, visseraj wrote:

      > This toolkit is awesome, but seems to be missing a dialog. I am
      > missing it, or has it not been created yet?
      >
      > By dialog, I mean something like the dialog widget in dojo.
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • hema_arasu
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 28, 2008
        I am having problem submitting my form in Dialog. I got this
        javascript error msg. H has no proporties....

        Thanks
        Hema

        <script type="text/javascript">

        function init() {

        // Define various event handlers for Dialog
        var handleSubmit = function() {
        this.submit();
        };
        var handleCancel = function() {
        this.cancel();
        };
        var handleSuccess = function(o) {
        var response = o.responseText;
        response = response.split("<!")[0];
        document.getElementById("resp").innerHTML = response;
        };
        var handleFailure = function(o) {
        alert("Submission failed: " + o.status);
        };

        // Instantiate the Dialog
        dialog1 = new YAHOO.widget.Dialog("dialog1",
        {
        width : "30em",

        fixedcenter : true,
        visible :
        false,

        constraintoviewport : true,
        buttons : [
        { text:"Submit", handler:handleSubmit, isDefault:true },

        { text:"Cancel", handler:handleCancel } ]
        });

        // Validate the entries in the form to require that both
        first and last name are entered
        dialog1.validate = function() {
        var data = this.getData();
        if (data.content == "") {
        alert("Please a value.");
        return false;
        } else {
        return true;
        }
        };

        // Wire up the success and failure handlers
        dialog1.callback = { success: handleSuccess,
        failure:
        handleFailure };

        // Render the Dialog
        dialog1.render();

        YAHOO.util.Event.addListener("Annual", "click", dialog1.show,
        dialog1, true);
        YAHOO.util.Event.addListener("cost", "click", dialog1.hide,
        dialog1, true);
        }

        YAHOO.util.Event.onDOMReady(init);
      • Satyen Desai
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 28, 2008
          Hi,
          Sounds like you maybe missing the Connection Manager js file include, or
          it may have been included after container-min.js.

          Try adding connection-min.js to your list of included files before you
          include container-min.js (assuming you're on 2.5.1).

          <script type="text/javascript"
          src="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.5.1/build/connection/connection-min.js">
          </script>

          Hope that helps,