How to disable all days except for some

  • Pascal PORTIER
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 13 6:08 AM
      I'm trying to get selectables only some dates on my calendar.
      I have found how to disable week-ends but not all days...
    • Steven Peterson
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 13 11:23 AM

        What is the date range you’re trying to disable? You can use minDate, maxDate, or attach renderers for any range of dates. If you let me know what the range of dates is that you’re trying to make available, maybe I can assist.

        Steven Peterson

        Web Developer, Platform Engineering

        Yahoo!

        I'm trying to get selectables only some dates on my calendar.
        I have found how to disable week-ends but not all days...

      • Atkati Leikhatan
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 14 12:04 AM
          I would like to enable only some days.
          Example:
          disable all dates,
          then enable :04/13/2006,04/18/2006,04/19/2006,04/20/2006,05/7/2006

          Message 4 of 8 , May 31, 2006

            I want to disable all the dates in my calendar. I think its a very trivial problem and should be achievable using minDate and maxDate, but i am not able to get to it.

            Tried

            cal1.minDate =YAHOO.widget.DateMath.add(new Date(), YAHOO.widget.DateMath.DAY, 0);

            AND

            cal1.maxDate =YAHOO.widget.DateMath.add(new Date()-1, YAHOO.widget.DateMath.DAY, 0);

            But the calendar disappeared in this case.

            Any help/hint would be useful.

            - Ashwin

            On Apr 13, 2006, at 11:23 AM, Steven Peterson wrote:

            What is the date range you’re trying to disable? You can use minDate, maxDate, or attach renderers for any range of dates. If you let me know what the range of dates is that you’re trying to make available, maybe I can assist.

            Steven Peterson

            Web Developer, Platform Engineering

            Yahoo!

            I'm trying to get selectables only some dates on my calendar.
            I have found how to disable week-ends but not all days...

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          • Steven Peterson
            Message 5 of 8 , May 31, 2006

              In order to disable all days, you will need to modify the default renderer. Change the renderCellDefault function to not append a link. It would look something like this:

              myCalendar.renderCellDefault = function(workingDate, cell) {

                   cell.innerHTML = "";

                   cell.appendChild(document.createTextNode(this.buildDayLabel(workingDate)));

              };

              Let me know if this solves your issue.

              Steven Peterson

              Web Developer, Platform Engineering

              Yahoo!

              I'm trying to get selectables only some dates on my calendar.
              I have found how to disable week-ends but not all days...

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

              C programming language

              Computer programming languages

              Java programming language

              The c programming language

              C programming language

              Concept of programming language

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

            • Ashwin Prabhu
              Message 6 of 8 , May 31, 2006
                Hi Steven,

                Thanks a lot for your input.
                This kinda works but the problem is it doesn't have the same effect on the date cells,  as they would have when the minDate and maxDate methods are used.
                What i get here is that the links disappear,  so i cant select any of the dates but they look like selectable.

                i tried setting the cells class attribute using

                cell.setAttribute("class","celldisabled");

                Where 'celldisabled' is my custom CSS class attribute. But it didnt work... may be the class getting rendered internally is overriding my class.

                Is it possible to change the way to have those look like disabled.

                - Ashwin

                On May 31, 2006, at 7:47 PM, Steven Peterson wrote:

[...]

                C programming languageComputer programming languagesJava programming language
                The c programming languageC programming languageConcept of programming language

                YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

              • Ashwin Prabhu
                Message 7 of 8 , May 31, 2006
                  Hey,

                  Tried using YAHOO.util.Dom.addClass(cell, "celldisabled");
                  The effect is the color of that class is all over my calendar and i am not able to view any of the dates :-)

                  - Ashwin

                  Message 8 of 8 , May 31, 2006

                    Ashwin,

                    Have you tried customizing the built-in CSS? There are several classes you can modify: calcell, calcellhover, etc. You should change those to get the look you’re trying to achieve for your calendar cells.