changing font size changes the width of columns?

  • geoffreyk00
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2007
      Again, newbie just getting wet.

      I am using a 950 wide layout with a 300px right column.
      When I change the font size on the page, the width of the column
      changes.

      I am changing the font size like this
      #doc2 {
      font-size: 85%;
      }

      but that is changing the width of the right hand column. Is this
      normal? If so, is there a way to change the font size and keep the
      right column a set width?

      Thanks